Breast lump

jenni32

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Posting in the hope somebody can help.

I'm 3 days overdue with my first baby. On Saturday I felt a small hard lump above my left nipple. Have had breast lumps before, been scanned and told they were ok. This lump is smaller than any previous but harder.

Been to doctor this morning, she said she thinks its a cyst and nothing to worry about. I asked her was it common before birth and she said no but said she didn't think it was sinister. She has sent a request for me to be seen at the breast unit, said appt will be 3-4 weeks.

Feel awful, can't stop worrying. Or crying! Can't believe it's happened now!

Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

Thanks so much :cry:

I havn't had this myself but my mum has. She has just had 12 months of treatment and now has the all clear. I am sure you will be ok, hormones can do strange things to your body. Good luck with getting things checked out. PM me if you want to chat. :hug:

Lyndsey
xxxxxxx

It may be the milk ducts as your overdue, i had lumps and bumps from being 34 weeks with cameron, its just cos your overdue the milk is strting to get ready now.. i know sounds strange, but i dont think its anything to worry about..
good luck on the birth by the way, you must be nervous now..

Thanks for your replies. Trying hard to keep my mind off this lump. My friend made a good point that with it being quite close to the nipple it's probably milk related, like you said Sunshine. Just awful timing with the baby being so close.

Yes, nervous about the birth now! Last Thursday the midwife said baby's head still wasn't engaged. So I have a feeling I'll end up being induced.

Jenni xx

get it checked hun, better bein safe than sorry!!!

had exactly the same thing last sunday. I found a small lump just above, slightly to the right of my left nipple. Had it checked last monday. The doctor seems to think its a milk duct and told me not to worry. I've got to go back in 3 weeks to make sure its still just a milk duct. Try not to worry hun :hug: :hug:

Misslarue - is your lump quite small and hard? Thanks for replying, helps to know there are people out there who understand! :hug:

Yes is it, although it doesn't feel round and it feels attached..........if that makes sense??

Yeah I understand what you mean. Mine feels different depending on which way I'm lying or sitting when I feel it. Definitely hard though. xx

I didn't have them before but when my milk came in I had a few of these small hard lumps around my nipple and in my armpit and it was blocked milk ducts, they were very sore too. I massaged warm olive oil into them to help them go so maybe you could try?

I am sure you will be fine, good luck with your very soon to be birth :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back