Lower Back Ache

PinkHank

Reaction score
I am 29 weeks today and have over the last few days really been suffering with a lower back ache. I just can't seem to get comfortable unless I am lying flat on my back. It's worse when I am at work because I am up and down all day, and our chairs are pretty naff to say the least (School like chairs - as I work in education).
I guess its something I'm just going to have to put up with, but I'm just wondering how all of you ladies cope and if you have any tips? As I am reluctant to take any kind of pain killers.

Thanks in advance! x

think we all the same here tbh we all suffering funny pains and aches :( think its just the joys of being near the end i usually just try a bath to get rid of any pains.

I feel like i need a massive stretch and all my bones to click lol x

hope u better soon xx

Sorry no tips...i just put up with the back ache :( Have a nice warm bath? xxx

think we all the same here tbh we all suffering funny pains and aches :( think its just the joys of being near the end i usually just try a bath to get rid of any pains.

I feel like i need a massive stretch and all my bones to click lol x

hope u better soon xx

Yeah, I guess its just another perk to being pregnant! lol. :)

i feel for u hun ive been in agony since 22 weeks :( had a pregnancy massage last wk that worked wonders for a day or 2! i got a heated electric pad from argos & my gp prescribed cocodamol & swimminmg on prescription, start that tmoz the cocodamol makes me seriously constipated tho so dont take it x

i feel for u hun ive been in agony since 22 weeks :( had a pregnancy massage last wk that worked wonders for a day or 2! i got a heated electric pad from argos & my gp prescribed cocodamol & swimminmg on prescription, start that tmoz the cocodamol makes me seriously constipated tho so dont take it x

Thanks for the tips. x

A massage sounds like heaven! Lol... A heated electric pad, is that something you wear? I will have to have a look!

I can't take Cocodamol either, I had it after I had a foot operation and it made me sick... lol.

Hope you soon feel better too! X

I've started to experience the same over the last couple of days, it's a killer :-( Oh the joys...! I would say a warm bath too and lying down when possible! X

Thanks hun! I know it feels nice lying on ur back but the consultant told me not to do it as it encourages the baby to lie back to back which makes the pain even worse, they did a scan & low & behold the little buggar is spine to spine with me :( ive been told to try bouncing on a birthing ball too am ordering one tmo on payday! x

Oh & the heated pad is like a mini electric blanket x

I too feel your pain and agree with the girls... Hot bath and rest... Seems about the only things that help when I get it xx

yer I would say bath to and a birthing ball... I am suffering with lower back ache to and hip ache and foot ache!, so I practically live in the bath! :) hope it eases for you soon! X

Yep deffo a bath and my birthing ball has worked wonders for my back pain x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back