Low laying placenta

lanny

Reaction score
Hi I've popped over from tri 2
Just for my 20wk scan and told the my placenta is low and have to go back at 36wks to see if it's moved.
The scan lady said most of the time they move but mine is really low and she really isn't sure if it will.
This is my 4th pregnancy and really don't like the idea of a section of course if its needed then fine but just wondering if any of you ladies had one and had it moved at the 36wk scan xxxxx

i have one too i think generally they do move tho more often than not

I had a v low placenta at 20 weeks had 4d scan last week at 30+6 and it had moved up far enough that it is classes as high yey!

So don't panic yet as it may move if not then unfortunately a c sec isthe safest route for u and bubs xxx

Thanks ladies just need to keep my fingers crossed it moves then, glad to see yours has so there is hope, think I just need to stop thinking about it till I go for the next scan.
I think it was just a shock never even entered my head I could have a c section I felt my eyes fill up lol

my placenta was completly covering the birth canal at my 20 week scan, i went back at 34 weeks and it had only moved 1 cm, had to go back at 36 weeks still only 2cm which is a bit of a grey area as they like it to be more than 3cm at my hospital, but because ive had a good pregnancy with no bleeding they are happy to let me have a vaginal birth.

i was so relieved as i didnt want c section at all so know how you feel

everyone i spoke to said theres had moved by 34 weeks so i expected mine to of but no!! lol

just remember there is no way you can do anything to make it move so it is a waiting game but its for the best of you and baby if you have to have a c section babe

Is it just because baby can't get out if it's in the way? I thought what if the placenta came out first if it isn't far away from your cervix?

In my notes it say body of placenta covers whole of cervix, really hope it moves but like you say there's nothing I can do,
Glad there letting you go natural xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back