Low Fluid Levels (Not from all my crying!!)

Bexie

Reaction score
Has anyone else suffered with low fluid levels?

I went to the hospital on Thursday for a scan as I had a low lying placenta and they wanted to check it had risen. It had. After the scan I had to go and see the consultant where I was told that I had low fluid levels. She said it wasn't anything to really worry about and that they would like me to come back in two weeks to check and see they had risen. The midwife who was there didn't really say too much she just made it clear to me that if I had any loss of fluid to contact the hospital straight away. Last night I did loose some fluid so phoned the hospital and was asked to come in for observation straight away. The midwife I saw last night was really shocked with what I had been told by the consultant and said that I should have been given a steroid injection straight away on Thursday and asked to come back in 24 hours for another injection as my levels were so low (6.7), I should also have been asked to take it easy for a few days, which I wasn't told. She said there was a greater risk of me going into premature labour as the levels were so low. They wanted me to have the steroid injection to help the babys lungs develop. I had the injection last night and have to go back again tonight for another.

I really feel that I have lost all faith with the consultants at my hospital and feel that I am putting so much trust in them when I know so little myself. I feel really annoyed with them. When I saw them on Thursday I told them I had a busy day on Friday as me and my partner were driving down to Swansea to buy all our baby essentials. If I should have been taking it easy, I really shouldn't have been doing all that shopping!!!

To make matters worst, I got home from Swansea yesterday morning to find the house in chaos. We're having our central heating system changed and the boiler that was bening fitted by the builder was faulty, so now we have no central heating for anything up to 3 weeks or so and the house is freezing.

Since all this happenig yesterday I just can't stop bursting into tears, I wish I could just hold the tears back and everything would just be sorted. Now all I'm doing is worrying.

Sorry to go on, I just needed to get this all off my chest!!

my fluid levels went down to 0.4!!! eeekkkk a baby can survive without the water just as long as the babies cord is supplying them

a girl i was in hospital in her waters went at 27 wks and she went to 29 wks with no water

Hi

By the sounds of things it will all work out hun , just take it easy :hug:
Katrina

Hey hunnie i too had low fluid level with frankie and went for fortnightly scans she came 3 wks early and she's fine a happy little thing soon to be 1!!! dont worry all will be ok im sure -xx- :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back