Baby not growing/Low fluid levels

Bexie

Reaction score
I went for a scan just under two weeks ago and was told I had low fluid levels, so went for another scan today and was told that they had risen slightly, but were still low, I was also told that the baby hadn't grown much in the last two weeks, so they want to monitor me some more. I've got to go for another scan in two weeks.

The consultant said that if the baby continues to not grow much they will probably decide to induce me early and the baby will be in a SCBU. I just feel so worried now. Also the baby is breech, so I'd probably end up having a c section, unless the baby turned.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this and what was the outcome?

Bexie I haven't have that experience but just wanted to wish you well and hope everything goes better at your next scan.

hiya, this happened to me only thing was my baby wasn't breech. they induced me 1 week early. i would try not to worry about the growth because they said that my baby hadn't grown for 6 weeks but when she was born she weighed 6lb 13.5 oz which isn't a bad weight. hope everything turns out ok keep us updated :hug: i know its hard not to worry but keep your chin up. grace & baby ellie xx

oh bexie i haven't had experience either at least they are keeping a close eye on you and even if your LO does have to come early you have got to a safe time so your baby will be fine if has to be born early. am thinking of you though and hope everything turns out ok xx :hug: keep us posted

i had 'low fluid levels', but after weekly scans from 29 weeks onwards they decided that the levels where normal for me.

let us knowhow ur next scan goes. take care. :hug:

Was EXACTLY the same in my last pregnancy.
Low fluid,small for dates and breech
Had weekly scans after about 33 weeks. Monitored at day care unit weekly aswell.
They kept an eye on the placenta function (where they look at the blood flow through the placenta )
I suppose if this was gettting to a level they were not happy with then they would have intervened earlier.
Baby born by section at 38+3. Weighing 5lb 10oz.
Not bad considering they had me thinking she was gonna be about 3lb.
As others have said as long as they are keeping a close eye on things PLEASE try to relax a little.
I know it is not easy but if the heartbeat is strong and movements are regular then maybe baby isnt meant to be big.

I am sure this, as with samrbston was the case with me
as this time round i keep measuring slightly smaller than dates so i am thinking my babies arent supposed to be big.
sorry to ramble on a bit :oops:

Remember we are all thinking of you :hug: :hug:

Thanks a lot for that. It's nice to know that your little one was healthy and it is reasurring that they are monitoring me closely. I've got a midwife appointment on Friday so I'll speak to her about any concerns I have. I'm also jotting down every movement I feel. The consultant said as long as I was feeling between 10 - 12 movements in a 12 hour period everything should be ok. Already today I've counted 30 movements/kicks/squirms and that's only since I started counting.

I'm just going to take things easy, and if at my next appointment the baby still hasn't grown much I will cut down my hours at work and also look at finishing earlier that I'd planned. I was going to work right up until a week before the baby was due (I was trying to save my maternity leave to spend with my baby), but to be honest the most important thing is that my little one is healthy, so if that means I finish work early, so be it.

Thanks everyone for your words of support.

Becks :)

Hi

By the sounds of things everything should be alright, i know doctors scare you at times and make you worry . Take it easy . :hug:
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back