Low dose aspirin, does it need to be dispersible? Or are tablet forms ok?

maythe4thbewit

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Was given a box low dose dispersible aspirin to take at 12 week scan, told to get some from the shops when I ran out.

I've now ran out, had a look in two supermarkets on the way home from work this morning, neither have the low dose in dispersible form. They did have it in an enteric coated tablet so picked that up for the minute. Is this ok to take or does it have to be a dispersible form for pregnancy? Anyone know?

Did have a look on Google but cannot find anything...

I would think either is fine as long as it’s the same dose. I’m on the dispersable ones just now and I hate them, it catches in the back of my throat. Would much prefer a tablet x

Yeah it's the same dose I would think it's ok. When googling I cant find anything saying it needs to be dispersible xxx

Hi. Im om a low dose of aspirin too. I did have the disposable ones from the hospital originally but now my dr gives me the normal ones. So any should be fine as long as same dosage.

What dosage is everyone on? Mine is 2 75g tablets after evening meal x

Hi. Im om a low dose of aspirin too. I did have the disposable ones from the hospital originally but now my dr gives me the normal ones. So any should be fine as long as same dosage.

I only take 1 75mg a day x

Mines 1x75mg a day after any meals but to try and keep it he same time each day. I usually take it with evening meal xx

Mines 1x75mg a day after any meals but to try and keep it he same time each day. I usually take it with evening meal xx

I actually didn’t realise until this morning I’m supposed to take it after a meal. I’ve been doing it first thing in the morning. Will need to change that tomorrow x

So! I had my 25 week midwife appointment today.

Was talking to the midwife about my asprini and she said ypu should just be taken one. I pulled out a copy of the prescription from the consultant at the hospital who had clearly wrote 2 asprini were to be taken! Midwife thinks this is wrong as all her letters etc from consultant say 1. Shes going to ring me tomorrow and told me to take only 1 tonight until she finds out more info. How hard is it?! 1 or 2 *rolls eyes*

I'm due to start on aspirin 75mg. I bought a box from the pharmacy, they're dispersible (yuk!) but when I asked if they had any that were just tablets I was told I could just swallow the dispersible ones, it does the same thing.

I take mine just before I go to bed.

I'm also due to start on ferrous sulfate and folic acid (I've been taking pregnacare but the midwife told me to stop and gave me a prescription for these 3).

Currently 15+6 pregnant with identical twins, hence the aspirin for me. And I'm high risk of becoming anaemic which is where the others fit in x

So! I had my 25 week midwife appointment today.

Was talking to the midwife about my asprini and she said ypu should just be taken one. I pulled out a copy of the prescription from the consultant at the hospital who had clearly wrote 2 asprini were to be taken! Midwife thinks this is wrong as all her letters etc from consultant say 1. Shes going to ring me tomorrow and told me to take only 1 tonight until she finds out more info. How hard is it?! 1 or 2 *rolls eyes*
Are you a twin pregnancy? Mine has just been doubled because of that, apparently there are new guidelines saying double the amount is fine but I don't know if thats specific to twins or not. I was taking dispersible but the new prescription is just tablets (yay!!!)

I'm with twins and still on one 75mg tablet a day (night). Apparently you don't need anymore for twins, because I think most singletons don't get prescribed it at all.
Mine's to help prevent pre-eclampsia but mainly to ensure the blood flow remains consistent in the placenta, with mine sharing one, and little blockages can cause uneven distribution of nutrients to either baby x

I think they just gave me double to be safe as I had preeclampsia twice and it's now decided that double the dose is safe to take. They were a bit indifferent...as if single or double dose wouldn't make a massive difference really

Ahh okay, probably better you take the double dose then, even if theres only a small chance of it working better. Fingers crossed you have a relaxing pregnancy this time (or at least as relaxing as it can be!) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back