Low dose aspirin, does it need to be dispersible? Or are tablet forms ok?

Discussion in 'High Risk Pregnancy' started by maythe4thbewit, Nov 29, 2019.

1. maythe4thbewit

maythe4thbewit Well-Known Member

Hi ladies

Was given a box low dose dispersible aspirin to take at 12 week scan, told to get some from the shops when I ran out.

I've now ran out, had a look in two supermarkets on the way home from work this morning, neither have the low dose in dispersible form. They did have it in an enteric coated tablet so picked that up for the minute. Is this ok to take or does it have to be a dispersible form for pregnancy? Anyone know?

Did have a look on Google but cannot find anything...

2. Rainbow1234

Rainbow1234 Well-Known Member

I would think either is fine as long as it’s the same dose. I’m on the dispersable ones just now and I hate them, it catches in the back of my throat. Would much prefer a tablet x

3. maythe4thbewit

Yeah it's the same dose I would think it's ok. When googling I cant find anything saying it needs to be dispersible xxx

4. Nattles33

Nattles33 Well-Known Member

Hi. Im om a low dose of aspirin too. I did have the disposable ones from the hospital originally but now my dr gives me the normal ones. So any should be fine as long as same dosage.

What dosage is everyone on? Mine is 2 75g tablets after evening meal x

5. Rainbow1234

I only take 1 75mg a day x

6. maythe4thbewit

Mines 1x75mg a day after any meals but to try and keep it he same time each day. I usually take it with evening meal xx

7. Rainbow1234

I actually didn’t realise until this morning I’m supposed to take it after a meal. I’ve been doing it first thing in the morning. Will need to change that tomorrow x

8. Nattles33

Nattles33 Well-Known Member

So! I had my 25 week midwife appointment today.

Was talking to the midwife about my asprini and she said ypu should just be taken one. I pulled out a copy of the prescription from the consultant at the hospital who had clearly wrote 2 asprini were to be taken! Midwife thinks this is wrong as all her letters etc from consultant say 1. Shes going to ring me tomorrow and told me to take only 1 tonight until she finds out more info. How hard is it?! 1 or 2 *rolls eyes*