Low calorie recipie / meal ideas? Breastfeeding & Dieting?

happy-chick

Reaction score
Right im on a diet at the moment, I'm breastfeeding so cant go OTT but ive cut out all the crap and im being really careful what I eat. At the moment i'm recording what I eat & drink and noting down the calories, even down to the butter on bread etc so that I can figure out what foods i can replace or cut down & i've been and got a load of healthy, low fat foods... I started the diet yesterday, ive done well so far and reduced my calories to about 1700 - 1800 per day which is safe due to breastfeeding but low enough to loose weight... :pray: I'm aiming to loose around 22lb as ive already lost around 16lb.

Hubby is also on a healthy eating diet due to him having what the doctor thinks is gallstones. I would love some recipies for some low fat / calorie foods if you have them, i'm looking for mainly ideas for our evening meal?

Also anyone in simular situation that would like to buddy up & give moral support/ share ideas then give me a shout, it would also be great to chat to someone else whos breastfed/feeding and dieted at the same time!

I'm doing a low fat diet, but mine os for 1300cals a day, these are some of the main meals i've had, not tried them all yet,...

Chicken & Cider Casserole
serves: 1
calories: 526
fat: 6g

Ingredients:
1 medium Chicken Breast no skin (175g/6oz)
1 Tomatoes, tinned, chopped per 200g
142 g Cider, dry
57 g Mushrooms
1 Celery Stalk
1 Mixed Herbs
1 Salt and Pepper
113 g Potato boiled
113 g Broccoli
57 g Sweetcorn

Directions:
Place the chicken breast in a casserole dish with the tomatoes, cider, button mushrooms, sliced celery stalk, herbs and seasoning. Bake in a medium oven for 35 minutes. Serve with boiled potatoes, broccoli and sweetcorn.

Chicken Curry

Ingredients: Vital stats:
113 g Chicken, no skin
1 tsp Oil per teaspoon
0.5 medium Onion
0.5 tsp Ground Cumin
0.5 tsp Curry Powder
0.5 small Apple
28 g Sultanas
28 g Banana
0.5 tsp Honey
1 splash Lemon juice
0.5 Tomatoes, tinned, chopped per 200g
28 g Coconut cream, low fat

calories: 490
fat: 15g

Directions:
Poach the chicken breast in water (this can be done in a microwave on high for 4 minutes) until it is white. Drain and chop. Chop the onion and saute in a non-stick pan with the oil. Add the spices. Slice the apple and banana and add to the pan with the sultanas, honey, lemon and 2 tsp water. Simmer for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, coconut cream and chicken and simmer for a further 20 minutes.

Tuna & Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
2 Spring Onion
5 small Cherry Tomatoes
85 g Peppers, red or green
113 g Pasta, cooked
113 g Tuna, in brine
2 tblsp Salad dressing, low-fat

calories: 332
fat: 4g

Directions:
Slice the onions, tomatoes and green pepper. Cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Mix the pasta with the vegetables, tuna and dressing.

Chicken and bacon with cheese

Ingredients:
1 medium Chicken Breast no skin (175g/6oz)
28 g Cheese Soft Very Low Fat
1 Bacon (1 rasher)
113 g Broccoli
113 g Cauliflower

calories: 444
fat: 13g

Directions:
Split the chicken breast to make an envelope. Place the cheese inside and then wrap the rasher of bacon around the outside. Place the chicken on a baking tray and cook in a medium oven for 35 minutes. Serve with broccoli and cauliflower.

I've loads more, if u want to PM me with ur email address I can send you some. :D

How about vegetable stir fry with noodles or rice? Can do it with oriental spices or curry sauce (tescos own brand light korma sauce is lovely)

Also spag bol with Quorn mince? You can even get the light sauce and the garlic and onion one is extra yummy!

Good luck hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back