low fat meal ideas

setdse

Reaction score
i have been told i have gall stones so i have been trying to eat a low fat meals since my first attack.

but im running out of ideas for meals.
As there is quite a few of us eatting healthy trying to shred the baby weight i thought it would be a nice idea to share some recipies and ideas for meals snacks etc

ill start us off with one my mum told me about.

fast and low fat fish and chips :)

Heat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6 and cut some medium-sized potatoes lengthways, each into 4 long wedges (leave the skin on). Brush or spray with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Use a pump spray bottle for oil as it coats lightly and evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix 4-5 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs, grated zest and juice of a lemon, some chopped fresh herbs (parsley, chives or dill), 1 tsp Dijon mustard and season with salt and pepper.

Lay the fish (use cod, haddock or any white fish) on a baking sheet and cover with the mixture. Place the fish on the top shelf over the potatoes and bake for 15-20 minutes. The top should be crispy and the fish just done inside

This isn't a recipe but I often substitute mince with quorn or vege mince. I'm not a veggie but its a lot lower in fat and if you cook it with the right herbs/ flavourings it doesnt taste that different :)

oo thanks... i was thinking about trying corn as i was told to avoid mince as beef is quite fatty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back