low bood pressure and lightheaded

Sunshine_state

Reaction score
My last mw app she asked if i was getting dizzy and lightheaded, which i am..she said my blood pressure was low. In the last week it's happening a few times a day and if i lie on my back. Is this normal or should i talk to mw ? x

Your blood pressure sounds like it is low. However in pregnant after around 18 weeks it's advised women try not to lay on their backs. It traps the main nerve running down your spine causing many women to feel faint and even pass out at times so this is normal. However if it's constant even when sat up get your BP checked out again. Nothing to worry about though hun x

I'm suffering from low blood pressure too. Doctor told me not to worry, he said its far better than having high blood pressure! The only thing you have to watch is that you don't faint, as you could hurt yourself when you fall - so make sure you get up slowly, don't do anything too fast, and sit down if you feel faint!

Echo the above re. the artery when you lie on your back - its not recommended.

I concur with what the ladies above said, don't lie on your back. Make sure you eat regularly whether you fancy it or not,and drink plenty of water. Just be careful getting up and going up stairs etc. I had this in first trimester then it got better. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back