Dizziness

maldives

Reaction score
Just came back from the Dr. I complained about feeling dizzy the past few days and it seems i have a low blood pressure. she assured me its normal and i should take more fluids. is this normal??

Hi :wave:

Iv been feeling the same over the past couple of days.
It seems to be when I'm standing up for any amount of time, doing dishes, ironing, stuff like that.
Im sure I had the same problem last time I was pregnant and I too had low blood pressure. I have the midwife tomorow so i'l let her know.
Hope your not feeling too bad with it! :hug:

I've always had low blood pressue - means i'm prone to fainting, sometimes due to standing too long, sometimes due to heat and sometimes for no real reason!

My midwife always says 'you've got a lovely low blood pressure'
it's considered a good thing - a high bp can cause many problems!

Best thing to do (though not always practical) is ensure you don't stand for too long at a time, you don't stand up too quickly and if you do feel dizzy make sure you sit down/lie down (pref with feet up) so that you don't faint.

:hug: :hug:

Hi this is my first post :wave: , hope you don't mind me adding my tuppence worth.

I was at GP last week with this, I do long shifts at a hospital and have to be on my feet all day. I was spending half my day sitting or lying down because I thought I was going to faint.

He said it was common on pregnancy but I got a prescription for support socks, lovely thick nylon knee high elastic things, they stop blood pooling in your legs and improve circulation, I think you can buy them from chemists, they look awful and are really hard to put on but what a difference, I feel fab now, don't have tired legs at the end of my shift and don't feel so dizzy.

Another bonus is I have really soft skin on my feet now, I swear they were really dry only a week ago, its so worth looking like a pensioner!

So maybe worth a try if drinking loads doesn't do the trick

Hi,

I've had this too, went to gp last week as I feel like i'm going to pass out all the time and very lacking in energy. Just walking up the stairs I feel dizzy!! As well as having the vomiting virus thats going round, she said my bp was low. Got checked for anaemia and glucose levels, they came back normal. She thinks I should cut back my hours at work (I work shifts, some 12 hours, some 9 and some don't finish til 10.30pm - way past my usual bedtime!!), am back in work today after being signed off for the last week so going to talk to my boss about it but my boss is rarely in a good mood so not sure how she'll take it!! If she's not very receptive, i'll have to speak to HR or occupational health cause I can't cope with long shifts at all.
GP said low bp could last for whole of second tri and isn't that uncommon. Just hope it improves soon - not nice feeling like this all the time!

I had it in my 1st pregnancy, even fainted at a bus stop once!

The only advice i have is dont stand when you can sit, dont sit when you can lie down lol. Dont ever stand for more than 20 mins either

Ive had a few dizy spells over my pregnancy.
Where ive needed to sit down and breath slowly to collect myself
So yeas id say it pretty normal the things we have to put up with while preggers :roll: all worth it though in the end :D
Hope you feel better to day
Take it easy hon :hug:

I've never suffered with low blood pressure - in fact it's always been a bit high if anything and suddenly this last week or so I've been feeling really dizzy and close to fainting. Got a midwife appt. on Thursday so will ask about it then but can it really change from high to low like this during pregnancy?? :think:

I've had this too and posted about it at the time. It's quite common in pregnancy and the best thing you can do is keep up your iron intake (meat & leafy veg) and drink LOADS more fluids - it's done wonders for me and my blood pressure is now nearly normal.

I had this too hun had a funny turn when I was in the shower (which was too hot apparently!). MW said it's completly normal xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back