low blood pressure

jewel32

Reaction score
Hi ladies...I've been really concerned with some of my symptoms lately and thought I'd post on here for some advice. For the past 5 days I've been feeling weak, dizzy, lightheaded, nauseous and very tired - I've also been having daily headaches that don't seem to go away. I had some blood work done on Friday and will hopefully find out results today. The doctor checked my blood pressure on Friday and it was quite low - 90/58. Now my blood pressure's typically quite low, about 100/70 - but these symptoms are just making me feel like crap.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what have you done to better the situation? I feel like I can't function like this for too much longer - I'm having a terrible time at work cause I can't focus and feel like I'm going to faint. Maybe I need some iron supplements but my blood work results should come in first.
I just wanted to hear your experiences and somehow know that I'm not alone in this :(

Aww poor you hun

I cant offer much advice other than the symptoms you describe sound very much to be low BP related and will make you feel crap :( I had it once a few months ago and doc said to take it real easy else I would be pasing out more than likely.

Hope you find out results today. It may be worth another visit to your docs hun and say you really cant go on like this and maybe he will suggest a break from work?

:hug: :hug:

Thanks Tillytots :) Sorry you had to go through it as well...it's quite terrible isn't it! How long did your condition last?

:hug: :hug: no worries. I had low BP for about 2 weeks and then I felt ok again. Definately go back to docs if you dont feel great and take care as its so horrible feeling bad :hug: :hug:

i had really low BP at my last appointment, and my gp looked really concerned and asked me if i was eating properly (which i was) and asked if i was fainting or anything. I have the occasional dizzy spell but nothing too bad luckily. He just told me to eat proper meals and to drink LOADS of fluid.

I hope you feel better soon :hug: Im just lucky that i dont get severe symptoms even though my BP isnt great. Better than a high BP i suppose, eh? xxx

hi hun, just to let you know, today i fainted and have slept all afternoon, so i suspect it may be low BP also..

i'm going to the docs tomorrow to have it checked out :hug:

hope your bloods give you some answers :hug:

I was admitted to hospital when I was 6 weeks pregnant and while I was there my blood pressure fell to 85/40 and was having the same symptoms as you..It's horrible :( Like the others have said drink lots and rest up :hug:

Have my feet elevated right now and have drank a lot today...feeling somewhat better :D and it helps to know I'm not alone. It is a really crappy feeling though...

I always have low bp - normally 85/45 - its slightly higer at the moment. All i can suggest is eat salty crisps (not overdose on them though!) I have one packed a day and that seems to help. Fainted last week but apart from that i seem to be ok at the moment and it is still quite low.

Hope you feel better today x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back