Really worried :(

Simoneh00

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Really worried so thought I'd ask advice.
Until about 5mins ago my nose was bleeding very heavy and constantly for about an hour. Inow feel really dizzy and lightheaded and quite sick. Also seem to have a headache starting. I've had those little "normal" nose bleeds during this pregnancy and last but this one has really freaked me out.
I would phone maternity unit for advice (as i have a history of high blood pressure) ButI have no credit in my phone :(

Anyone have any advice, I've got a two year old who's running about daft so cant even have a lie down :(

Sorry I have no advice for you hun, I was only going to say nose bleeds are known to be a symptom of pregnancy, but you already know that.
I know mw's say to not worry but keep an eye on it. How long did it last?
Do you have anyone you can email that can call the mw/drs/hospital for you?
Otherwise have you looked on the nhs website? http://www.nhs.uk/Pages/HomePage.aspx

Hope this helps hun.

Do you not have a house phone hun?

I was always told if your concerned get some advice its better than sitting there wondering. Are you losing alot of blood through your nose bleed? It could be the reason for you feelings dizzy. Typically nose bleeds whist pregnant are normal.

*Hugs*

Thanks ladies :)
I ended up having a little nap and felt a lot better. But now I'm wide awake :(
My dad's made me promise to get my BP taken tomorrow. So I'll do that even if it's just to put his mind at ease

Thanks again for the replies, I was totally freaking out and am now slightly annoyed that NHS 24 England has an online form to fill out to get a call back from a doctor but NHS 24 Scotland doesn't!

xx

Oh really :shock: you could ring yours and ask why?

Let us know ho wyou get on :petal:

Well, today I couldn't get a hold of mw and decided to ring the doctors surgery. Doctor said I should go straight to A&E. However, when I ended that phone call the midwife rang. She claimed it was absolutely fine ( even though when i had my bp checked today,the lloyds guy said he would be concerned) and I'd just to take it easy for a few days and mention it to the consultant on 5th of March.
I don't wanna be a drama queen so guess I'll just leave it.
Not been feeling too great though today and have ended up at my mum and dad's staying with LO.
Not all bad though as his laptop is fab :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back