Low blood-pressure

Naaat

Reaction score
So I've basically had low blood-pressure for a longgg time. In fact, I went for an operation last summer and they wouldn't let me leave the hospital for a long time because my blood pressure was so low. ¬_¬
At my midwife appointment the other day, she picked up that it was low again, and I explained to her that I've had it for a long time. She said it's not dangerous, and that high blood-pressure is much more dangerous than low. So that made me feel better.
I told her I'd been feeling a bit sick/dizzy and she said that's probably why.
But since that day, it hasn't been just once in a while, it's been every day. As I am writing this I am feeling reallyyy hot and my head feels fuzzy. But the midwife said there's nothing I can do to control low blood-pressure.
Does anyone else have this?
Sorry I just needed to vent haha.

caffeine and salt help it go up alittle, ive suffered with it for years but you have to watch how much caffeine you have while pregnant.

my bp was a little low at the midwife appointment on wednesday... but she said it was fine. then my dad has got one of them home test bp machines so i used that yesterday and it was really low. I was out shopping the other day and felt really dizzy/hot/blurred vision so think its all related... im trying not to worry about it but if i feel like that again im just gonna let the midwife know. how low has yours been ?

I'm not exactly sure how low mine has been, just that it varies from quite low to very low.

Yeah I've been told salty foods work, and I think I'll just stick to drinking coke for my caffeine.
Thanks! :)

I'm exactly the same - and had the same problem with not being allowed to leave hospital after surgery because it was so low, even after me trying to explain that it was normal for me! I felt very dizzy when I was pregnant too. Make sure you're drinking lots of water, especially with it being so hot x

^ I kept trying to explain to them too, but they wouldn't have any of it. They made me drink loads of water before I could go home.

Oh believe me, I pretty much drink constantly anyway. I'm always thirsty lol.

i suffer with low blood pressure aswell hun, the lowest i've had on record was 90/50 with my 3rd baby this time it dropped to 100/56 a couple of weeks ago, the only advice my midwife and doctors have given me is to take as long as possible to get up in a morning ie. from lying down i've got to take 5 minutes before i sit up, then take another 5 before i stand up and even then i got to be holding into something for a couple of minutes before i let go and get on with my day but have to repeat each time i lie down or sit down. Also to add more salt into my diet and hopefully it will raise itself slowly, but i am not keeping my hopes up, with my third baby the midwife said if it had been any lower she would have hospitalised me!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back