• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Low Blood Pressure - the revenge!

debecca

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
4,374
Reaction score
0
Hello all,

Following on from Emma58's thread, I've just been diagnosed with low blood pressure, a correspondingly high heart rate and suspected anaemia - which means I have to have additional blood tests on Tuesday.

I was tutoring yesterday and I just keeled over in my chair! Poor girl I was supposed to be teaching, there was no one else in the house either!! Anyway I'm just going to rest and hope that 5 weeks of stressful school will sort it out - my BP should rocket with all the pressure!!

Emma58, I have been having headaches too. We are obviously going through the same thing! Hope you're feeling better soon xxx
 
aww you poor thing
can you take anyting to help iron tablets??
manda xx
 
debecca said:
Hello all,

Following on from Emma58's thread, I've just been diagnosed with low blood pressure, a correspondingly high heart rate and suspected anaemia - which means I have to have additional blood tests on Tuesday.

I was tutoring yesterday and I just keeled over in my chair! Poor girl I was supposed to be teaching, there was no one else in the house either!! Anyway I'm just going to rest and hope that 5 weeks of stressful school will sort it out - my BP should rocket with all the pressure!!

Emma58, I have been having headaches too. We are obviously going through the same thing! Hope you're feeling better soon xxx

:hug: :hug:

I've been to have my blood taken today to check for anaemia but the results won't be back until Wednesday.

My main problem at the moment is feeling out of breath and having a tight chest all the time.

I am trying to take it easy and not do too much but i'm dreading going back to work on Tuesday what with Low BP and SPD (which last night was agonising). I had also noticed lately I had been getting really hot and flustered - not realising that my BP had dropped even lower!

What is your BP?

Take care x
 
:hug: :hug: I hope your blood pressure increases soon. On the plus side low blood pressure has to be better than high blood pressure
 
aghhhh naughty blood!!! :x

hope you feel better soon hun
xx
 
Emma58 said:
What is your BP?

Hi Emma, I think it was 90something over 60something but I may have remembered that wrong. My heart rate was 99bpm! I have been worried about my heart rate for a couple of weeks though because when I'm lying in bed at night I can hear it thumping away and I feel almost like I'm having palpitations :shock:

Let us know how your results are on Wednesday. I won't get mine till next week I reckon.
 
debecca said:
Emma58 said:
What is your BP?

Hi Emma, I think it was 90something over 60something but I may have remembered that wrong. My heart rate was 99bpm! I have been worried about my heart rate for a couple of weeks though because when I'm lying in bed at night I can hear it thumping away and I feel almost like I'm having palpitations :shock:

Let us know how your results are on Wednesday. I won't get mine till next week I reckon.

I've been the same too at night I can feel my heart doing the same thing. My BP was 94/56 yesterday I think.

I will let you know what Blood tests say. Knowing my luck probably nothing.
 
Surely if they say nothing, that's a good thing, hun?! :hug:

Mind you, when you feel rubbish and dizzy and whatever at least if you know there is something wrong you can correct it!
 
Emma58 said:
My main problem at the moment is feeling out of breath and having a tight chest all the time.

That sounds more like you are heavily aneamic. I get like that if my iron is low.

Try not to stand still for long periods of time though... I find my bp crashes if I am standing still or sitting in an uncomfortable position for too long. I'll come across all dizzy...

As for the pulse rate that must be something to do with low bp because mine always very high... I had my bp/pulse taken today and it was 119 bpm and 110/67 which is really high for me.. but during my second tri... 80/45 was about normal...

Try and drink more fluids too because that will raise you bp... :) You'll end up having to carry a bottle of water around with you all the time in the end :roll:
 
Glad you have got to the bottom of it and hopefully you will feel better soon. :hug:
 
Squiglet said:
Emma58 said:
My main problem at the moment is feeling out of breath and having a tight chest all the time.

That sounds more like you are heavily aneamic. I get like that if my iron is low.

Try not to stand still for long periods of time though... I find my bp crashes if I am standing still or sitting in an uncomfortable position for too long. I'll come across all dizzy...

As for the pulse rate that must be something to do with low bp because mine always very high... I had my bp/pulse taken today and it was 119 bpm and 110/67 which is really high for me.. but during my second tri... 80/45 was about normal...

Try and drink more fluids too because that will raise you bp... :) You'll end up having to carry a bottle of water around with you all the time in the end :roll:

I am trying to drink more I probably don't drink as much water as i should :oops:
 
Hi honey! It defo sounds as though you are anaemic, I had similar symptoms when I had anaemia last year.
Hope they get you sorted soon...make sure you take it easy and if work gets too much you must take more time off!! (That is an order :D )
 
Happybunny said:
Hi honey! It defo sounds as though you are anaemic, I had similar symptoms when I had anaemia last year.
Hope they get you sorted soon...make sure you take it easy and if work gets too much you must take more time off!! (That is an order :D )

LOL when I ring work to tell them i'm not going to be back in i'll them Happybunny said it's an order :D
 
Hope you feel better soon :pray: now you know what is wrong and are getting it sorted!! :)
Big get well soon hug :hug: Lol Sarah
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
473,576
Messages
4,654,646
Members
110,027
Latest member
joshatflare
Back
Top