Low Blood Pressure

Emma58

Reaction score
Just been to see the doctor because for the last few days I have felt really tired and had no energy and getting a few headaches. She did my BP and it has gone down from 110/60 last weds to 94/54 today.
She thinks I may be anaemic (sp) and I am going back on Friday to have blood tests done she didn't seem to concerned that my BP has dropped and did say it may be low if i am feeling under the weather and low Bp can be a sign of anaemia.

Has anyone else got a low BP i'm a bit worried it is too low.

I always had low bp especially in the 2nd tri... I think I got down to 80/47... the mw at the time said I shouldn't be standing... but other than feeling a bit tired I felt ok...

I have had anaemia too although low bp is not a sign of anaemia, although the two often accompany each other... usually if your bp is low you look peaky so they often think you're anaemic. But I have had really low bp lots of times, yet my bloods have come back fine. However, feeling under the weather, having headaches.. can be signs of anaemia.

Don't worry about it too much... It's a good to have low bp than high..

Now I am in my 3rd tri my bp has been going up steadily (didn't do it last time :roll:) but because my base line was so low to start with, I'm not considered at risk from pre-eclampsia yet. :)

sorry to hear you're a bit down. As much as i love being pregnant, i hate feeling knackered all the time.

I went to the doctors today as well, because i've had a really really bad cold for agesthat has just exhausted me. I've even been coughing up blood and sometimes feel so tired i think i might collapse. I havent got out of bed today other than to go to the toilet.

She listened to my chest, looked down my throat etc and told me i had a virus and sent me home with nothing (which is fine if i dont have an infection, i dont want any meds for the sake of it). Reading you post, Im wondering why she didnt take my blood pressure, or anything like that. I wish they'd be a bit more consistent.

Thanks everyone :hug:

I have just been feeling really crap lately maybe i am just run down.

I also asked her about feeling out of breath quite a lot too. She asked if I had been getting bad indigestion :shock: which i have. She then went on to say that indigestion can make you out of breath??? Anyone heard of that one before??

i had a low BP at my 16 week check. My GP just said to make sure i was eating well and to drink as much water as i could. Luckily i never felt too bad with it apart from the odd dizzy spell. My BP's all back to normal now. I got checked for anemia in my first pregnancy but all was fine. Low BP is just something i get i suppose :think:

Ive not heard tat indigestion can make you our of breathe though, thats a new one on me :? Did she say why indigestion would make you out of breath?

Anyways, i hope youre feeling better soon :hug: x

sazzylou said:
Ive not heard tat indigestion can make you our of breathe though, thats a new one on me :? Did she say why indigestion would make you out of breath?

Anyways, i hope youre feeling better soon :hug: x

Nope she never said why it makes you breathless, just to make sure i regularly take my Gaviscon :shock:

I thought I might be breathless if i am anaemic. I'm getting bloods done tomorrow i'll ask the nurse.

sorry, look at my spelling in that quote! OH DEAR!!! lmao :rotfl: Ive chatted to people online before who didnt think english was my first language cos my typing / spelling is so bad.

Sorry, that was a little OT , lol, :shock: :oops:

Let us know when you've spoken to the nurse anyway! :hug: x

sazzylou said:
sorry, look at my spelling in that quote! OH DEAR!!! lmao :rotfl: Ive chatted to people online before who didnt think english was my first language cos my typing / spelling is so bad.

Sorry, that was a little OT , lol, :shock: :oops:

Let us know when you've spoken to the nurse anyway! :hug: x

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

My typing is becoming appalling i have to re type things loads cos i either make loads of spelling mistakes or it doesn't make sense!!!!

I let you know what the nurse says.

Does anyone know if headaches are linked to low BP or Anaemia cos I keep getting them a lot just lately. I'm starting to get one again now.

I always have low blood pressure and cant say i suffer from headaches all that often. Might have something to do with the anemia but Im not a doctor so cant say. Maybe ask the nurse today when you go and get your blood taken x x x

I had slightly low BP and ended up having to take iron tablets as I was anemic. It's nothing to worry about, the iron tablets will do there job and you will feel better soon.

I found that during pregnancy the iron tablets gave me the runs and then after they made me constipated. It's all about finding the right amount for you, but start with the recommended dose.

I had regular headaches but not sure if that was just a pregnancy thing with me. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back