Lost interest in walking?

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
James has been crawling now for a couple of months and is now faster at crawling than I can walk! (Although the fact that I waddle more than walk these days probably gives him an advantage! :lol: )

He is still trying to climb up everything etc BUT he seems to have lost all interest in trying to walk where as before he could crawl we thought he may go straight to walking as he as constantly couch cruising etc.

Nowadays he stands but if he wants to go anywhere he just drops to his knees and he is off

Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to encourage him to try walking more? (save putting spikes on his knees which I think may be bordering on the cruel!)

jack is exactly the same, he will stand and take 2 or 3 steps
then drop and start crawling again, we just keep standing him up
everyday and let him go at his own pace, im sure they will get there soon hun!!

Hi Jen,
He's probably just figured out it is quicker to crawl especially if it is towards something further away. Maybe he will just wander between things nearby until he feels 'good enough' to go for the things further away. I guess the good thing is it saves you from having to catch him everytime he wobbles near something he could hit his head on, or table corners etc etc etc :)
HOpe you are doing ok,
:hug:

C prefers to crawl, she is superfast at crawling but takes ages in walking. S was the same. Not sure why you feel that you need to encourage him as he will do it in his own time (and you'll soon be posting how he keeps running off - blooming fast these toddlers) :D

Last edited:
Immy was just the same and then one day she just got up and walked properly.

Harrison is the same he was even taking steps unaided now refuses to stand even with his walker, I started to think it was because he was so big and chunky :wall:

Thanks guys.

its not that I "feel the need" to make him walk. Its just that he is my first child and Im not sure what to expect and wanted to make sure his sudden disinterest in walking wasn't due to something more sinister or if there was something I should be doing that Im not.

Im happy as long as he is - just wanted some reassurance from fellow mums. :D

When Kyran started cruising at around 11 months all he was interested in doing was trying to walk and taking steps here and there but at around 1 yr he totally lost interest and would cruise around the furniture and not even think about trying to walk. then when he was 1yr 1month and 3 days he started walking everywhere and hasnt crawled since! (except when he "needs" to chase the cat, then he'll crawl like a whippet! :lol: )

i think teds only done it coz our room is small.. give him a helium balloon for confidence to carry around.. thats what got teddles going

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back