lost interest in food :o(

leckershell

Reaction score
Hiya :wave:

Don't know what I'm expecting anyone to say really, but I've lost all interest in food.. so much so that when Nat comes home at 6pm ish I realise I haven't eaten all day.

I'll eat dinner with him, but during the day I'm just not interested.. I'd have the occasional sweet or chocolate (I have a box of chocolates open in the kitchen, Roses at the moment), or maybe a pear... but this is really unlike me :( Usually I am the food monster.

I'll eat if I went out to eat, like for lunch during the day if out with someone else for example.. and I can eat for britain the amount I can get through.. but even for dinner at night I would usually have favourite meals and stuff and now I just don't care what we eat and if Nat didn't come home I probably wouldn't bother making anything anyway.

I just wanted to put that all in words really, don't know what's up with me.

m

midna said:
You deffo sure your not preggo lol..

Can you stomach the toothpaste yet?... aww shell dunno what could be wrong ..you feelin aight in yourself? ..just some posts I seen lately made me wonder if your feeling a lil down ? :hug:

trixipaws said:
perhaps u hav a touch of pnd? :hug:

Just a little :cry:

I scored higher on the PND test than my 6 week one, and the HV just said meh we'll check you again in a month and didn't give me the details to the depression group cos she didn't reckon it could be that.. :roll:

:(

Force yourself to have a piece of toast or something first thing, that might make you hungrier by lunch time :hug:

midna said:
Aww shell :hug: ... I hope you get well soon in yourself ..its probably why your not eating and all these things tbh.

Did you get your hair done the other week and stuff ... I think your looking great although its easy for me to say its true .. not that PND is all about that its many different things no doubt ..

Your a great Mum n a cool girl tbh ...hope you get back to yourself . xxx

After watching "how to look good naked" tonight, I think I really should just walk into a hairdressers and say "make me look good" rather than trying to be boring and predictable as usual.

Urchin said:
Force yourself to have a piece of toast or something first thing, that might make you hungrier by lunch time :hug:

If I could make myself get up in the mornings :( After Ryan's 7am feed I manage to pursuade him to sleep for another couple of hours, so I usually get out of bed for about 10/10.30

I feel so lazy but I just don't have any motivation to do anything :(

that last sentence u said definately sounds like a touch of pnd :hug:

get urself a docs app :hug:

trixipaws said:

i was planning on having a chat to one of the HV's tomorrow at Ryan's injections - not my HV, one of the other ones who I've chatted to before and is a bit less.. stern :)

i did good today - i had a sandwich at lunchtime and even though nat was out this evening i had 2 chicken lattices :)

more than usual, but compared to what i used to eat.. :|

Is there a baby group you could join in your area? I'd be lost without mine.

we had a new parents group but only for 6 weeks and it finished on monday. ryan has injections tomorrow but there is a different one on thursdays that im gonna try and go to next week..

Juat seen this michelle and ive been wondering about you too lately - your not your usuall jovial self :hug:

If there is a lack of baby group in your area why nit set your own up? maybe your local community center would let you have a room for a hour or so for free - it would give you something to do!

If not motivated - do what I do - bugger it until you feel like doing it, thres no point you making yourself miserable over a bit of cleaning.

Have some ovultine and a bar of choccie :hug:

If your ont hungary make sure you have some microwavable stuff in the fridge in case you do get the munchies.

Sorry for long post

I can so relate to everything you say. I'm exactly the same. I don't even manage an evening meal most days. I really have to force myself.

I'd say it's definitely PND related.

Do you think you could talk to your doctor?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I don't even know my doctor - I moved surgeries at 32 weeks pregnant so I've only even seen the midwife and health visitors!

I'll try and have a chat to one of the nice HV's this afternoon. When I mentioned PND to my HV, she didn't have anything to suggest other than medication, which I would rather avoid.. so hope one of the others is a little more helpful.

should force yourself to eat,the lack of energy cause you're not eating won't help things.Buy loads of really nice fruit,couscous,pasta,stuff that will give you a boost but isn't too heavy.My mum always says " a change is as good as a rest", so the hairdresers is a good idea:) maybe get out for walks and a bit of fresh air with the pram?And don't guilt trip yourself about not being motivated,who's going to care what time you get ut of bed at :lol:

leckershell said:
trixipaws said:

i was planning on having a chat to one of the HV's tomorrow at Ryan's injections - not my HV, one of the other ones who I've chatted to before and is a bit less.. stern :)

i did good today - i had a sandwich at lunchtime and even though nat was out this evening i had 2 chicken lattices :)

more than usual, but compared to what i used to eat.. :|

well done for eating :cheer:
but ur lack of appetite is the symptom. u need to find the cause and treat that :)
forcing urself to eat wont fix the cause. good luck speaking to the nice HV :hug:

with the whole of my surgery seemingly having baby injections today it was just one big conveyor belt. while i was in though i did mention i hadn't been eating and had no motivation to do anything, and she just said i needed to eat and think about ryan getting his food off me... and that was all really. ryan's only put on 4oz in 3 weeks so they want us back in in a couple of weeks to see if he has put any more weight on or not :(

does not sound like your surgery was very useful, maybe book an appointment purely to discuss it with your GP or HV :hug: :hug: :hug:

it sounds like ur surgerys a bit blimmin useless! can u not contact the nice HV at the baby centre she sounded helpful?

im fed up of being told "dont assume you have pnd, you probably haven't" so i'm gonna call surestart myself and find out when the depression group is on. can't do any harm to pop along.

leckershell said:
im fed up of being told "dont assume you have pnd, you probably haven't" so i'm gonna call surestart myself and find out when the depression group is on. can't do any harm to pop along.

That sounds like a good idea hun :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back