lost interest in food :o(

Aww Shell I hope you're OK. I recognise what you must be feeling - I felt suddenly quite lost and lonely, it's a different world from being a working girl with people around you all day. Are you planning to go back to employment?

Ive never been through PND as still preg but I have been through depression & it does sound like u may be a bit depressed. Sounds like ur clinic is useless to be honest, you know yourself if your not feeling right so who are they to tell you any different!! Your doing the right thing trying to speak to someone about it & getting in touch with a group yourself, have you talked to Nat about how your feeling too?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

HappyAlice said:
Are you planning to go back to employment?

Yeah in April. I'm not looking forward to it because my work has changed a lot since I was there last and I hate the thought of leaving Ryan all day, but still, things move on I guess :(

happy_chick said:
...it does sound like u may be a bit depressed.

...have you talked to Nat about how your feeling too?

I'm definately depressed... and yeah I've spoken to Nat but he doesn't quite get it.. he keeps saying "well you must know why you're sad".. no.. :(

Men are strange creatures. They don't understand feelings very well :lol:

Just so you know, I've been there and know how you feel, so if you ever want to chat I'm here :hug:

It won't always feel like there is nothing to look forward to, I promise :hug:

I can't believe HV saying you don't have PND, you know your own mind and surely only a Dr could decide what to do, and I bet he'd give you a low dosage of something for a few months if you felt like you needed it. Bloody HV :twisted:

Not much no in fact I feel like mentally things are just getting worse. I may just go straight to the doctors.. I might be calling HV today about Ryan - if she comes over I'll say something, if she doesn't then I'll either say something Tuesday at baby clinic, or Tuesday I'll book a docs appointment.

Thanks for all your concerns guys :(

:hug:

I think it'll be a big relief to tell the Dr, he or she will sort you out! And you'll be on the road to recovery :)

This post is scarily familiar. :shock:

I thought my lack of appetite and no motivation for doing anything was just down to pure laziness... I very rarely make an evening meal and generally only have a small breakfast in the morning, I just don't feel hungry at other times.

My OH is always asking me whats wrong, he says I go into 'staring mode' where I just stare into space looking really down. I can never answer him though cos I don't know what makes me feel that way?

The days that I get out of the house with the pram, I do generally feel better, but not enough to want to eat.

If you find an answer to this Michelle, I would love to hear more from you.

xxxx

Today all I had was dinner this evening, half a steak pie... funkylady I know how you feel!

I'll let you know if I find a way to feel better x

Sorry Michelle, I've only just seen this.

I've been feeling really empty and lost for a while now (you know how we were feeling before magnified) and feel like I'm watching life through a strange fog and from really far away. I am confident that my daughter is happy and healthy and we have a fab relationship, its just about me, my motivation, the change in lifestyle from career chick to frumpy mum, having no money, laziness etc. Last week I was diagnosed with post natal depression but only because I forced myself to the baby clinic and broke down in sobs in front of the HV.

It definitely sounds to me like you have a lot of the symptoms I read about in the NHS leaflet and Funkylady too - I am really spacey too and not myself.

I am trying to decide about the drugs just now - I am not keen as I am breastfeeding and keen to do so until DD is a year or so old. I'm not sure about how much (if any) of the drug can be present in your milk. I do, however, feel 100 times better just from having spoken to my HV, my OH and selected friends. I am now making plans and trying to achieve small things everyday and FORCE myself to go out walking with the sling (I don't know why I find it so difficult as I enjoy it once I'm out) - keep me posted with how you're doing.

:hug: to you - please talk to someone - I feel so much better this week that the last few.

Valentine Xxx

Just wanted to give you these and hope you feel better/get some help soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi all thanks so much for your replies, it does mean a lot.

Had Ryans 16 week injections yesterday and my HV asked me to do another pnd screening sheet and I got 15 this time and I was being kind to myself. I've been referred to the pnd support group which lasts 8 weeks (at long last) and at my next docs appointment (31st due to back problems) it'll be mentioned and discussed if I want drugs etc. I'm going to ask if St Johns Wort is ok while breastfeeding because it really helped in my depression before and at least it's only a herbal anti-depressant.

I'm just glad things are getting sorted. Funkylady, hope you are alright. I agree with Valentine it's best to mention it to someone as I feel much better now I know something's in the pipeline to make things better.

Thanks again girls, you're all a godsend.

m

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back