You and Food :BFF or Worst Enemies!?

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
I have a very weird relationship with food: I can go days without eating ANYTHING purely for the fact I don't get hungry and don't think about it; then other days I eat for Englad and can't get enough :roll:

I'm trying to find a healthy medium and eat three healthy meals a day but I'm finding it really difficult- esp. cooking for one person and fittig it all around Evie- I find it much easier to skip a meal or snack in between. :wall:

What is your relationship with food like?

i have a good relationship with food and luckily most foods like me too.
i eat very healthy but i allow myself a treat now and then.
i don't drink alcohol much at all and hate macdonalds. :)

good clean living - keeps me young :)

really up and down tbh

I used to really fear it - getting fat etc - and hardly ate anything.

THen when im really happy i go through phases of not giving a sh*t and eating what i want.

Now i have a healthy respect for food in that I know what I should and shouldnt eat in order to be healthy and i do enjoy eating (especially when preggers!) but I still do have a bit of an issue just because i put weight on really easily so I always feel guilty if i eat anything really naughty.

I eat when I'm hungry and don't eat very much people usually comment on how little I eat. If I lived alone I would live off beans on toast or jacket potatos :oops:

I used to have a really bad relationship when I was growing up I would starve myself through school to keep the money eat my tea when I got home then hide food in my room and stuff because we wernt allowed anything after we had tea. Resulting in me eating LOADS of crisps and chocolate and being very unhealthy. If there was "treats" in the house then me and my brothers would have them gone by the time the evening came because it would be like trying to out do each other. My little brother did excatly the same and was overweight too but he has also balenced out now hes older. Im not fussed now because if I want food then I can get it and theres no rush or big "secret" behind it.

I don't drink at all really havent drank since finding out I was pregnant and I haven't wanted to or craved anything.

It used to be my worst enemy but now is my BFF. Food is fuel and medicine. The difference in how I feel if I don't eat or I don't eat properly is immense. And I eat most things as well. I love good foods. And because I eat healthily I never feel guilty if I fancy something sweet. I try not to consider foods as 'naughty' or 'nice' as it creates that judgemental relationship - it's all just food. And I loves it... :D

I think though because I have managed to break that relationship with food/feelings I don't over/undereat and it is easy to choose the healthy option.

worst enemy, i can easily not eat for a few days but then ill have some big ass spag bol and regret it

if it wasnt for the fact im stayin at my mums I wouldnt have eaten since sunday, she just fattens me up grrrr

I could eat for England! I am always hungry! Like today, i had breakfast at 7.30, but my belly was rumbling by 10am! So i have just had a microwave meal! Then i'll need to eat around 1ish then tea when Shaun gets home.

I have a very weird relationship with food: I can go days without eating ANYTHING purely for the fact I don't get hungry and don't think about it; then other days I eat for Englad and can't get enough :roll:

I'm trying to find a healthy medium and eat three healthy meals a day but I'm finding it really difficult- esp. cooking for one person and fittig it all around Evie- I find it much easier to skip a meal or snack in between. :wall:

What is your relationship with food like?

i have a good relationship with food and luckily most foods like me too.
i eat very healthy but i allow myself a treat now and then.
i don't drink alcohol much at all and hate macdonalds. :)

good clean living - keeps me young :)

really up and down tbh

I used to really fear it - getting fat etc - and hardly ate anything.

THen when im really happy i go through phases of not giving a sh*t and eating what i want.

Now i have a healthy respect for food in that I know what I should and shouldnt eat in order to be healthy and i do enjoy eating (especially when preggers!) but I still do have a bit of an issue just because i put weight on really easily so I always feel guilty if i eat anything really naughty.

I eat when I'm hungry and don't eat very much people usually comment on how little I eat. If I lived alone I would live off beans on toast or jacket potatos :oops:

I used to have a really bad relationship when I was growing up I would starve myself through school to keep the money eat my tea when I got home then hide food in my room and stuff because we wernt allowed anything after we had tea. Resulting in me eating LOADS of crisps and chocolate and being very unhealthy. If there was "treats" in the house then me and my brothers would have them gone by the time the evening came because it would be like trying to out do each other. My little brother did excatly the same and was overweight too but he has also balenced out now hes older. Im not fussed now because if I want food then I can get it and theres no rush or big "secret" behind it.

I don't drink at all really havent drank since finding out I was pregnant and I haven't wanted to or craved anything.

It used to be my worst enemy but now is my BFF. Food is fuel and medicine. The difference in how I feel if I don't eat or I don't eat properly is immense. And I eat most things as well. I love good foods. And because I eat healthily I never feel guilty if I fancy something sweet. I try not to consider foods as 'naughty' or 'nice' as it creates that judgemental relationship - it's all just food. And I loves it... :D

I think though because I have managed to break that relationship with food/feelings I don't over/undereat and it is easy to choose the healthy option.

worst enemy, i can easily not eat for a few days but then ill have some big ass spag bol and regret it

if it wasnt for the fact im stayin at my mums I wouldnt have eaten since sunday, she just fattens me up grrrr

I could eat for England! I am always hungry! Like today, i had breakfast at 7.30, but my belly was rumbling by 10am! So i have just had a microwave meal! Then i'll need to eat around 1ish then tea when Shaun gets home.

Both lol :rotfl:

I loooooooooove good food... (actually almoust all food: salads, crisps, fancy meals, indian, home cooked -everything! when I have a nice meal I feel like I am being hugged from inside :oops: :lol: ) BUT - it makes me fat! So I am constantly on a diet whitch drives me mad :(

Well, hopefully after I reach my goal weight Ill be able to have something in the middle :pray:

I have a pretty good relationship with food, I love eating nice food but in general I have it under control - like budge, I eat healthily enough most of the time that I don't worry about it if I over-indulge!

In fact I've been pretty pleased with this pregnancy in that my weight gain seems much better so far!

i used to have a bad relationship with food. I would starve myself to try and lose weight, and if i didnt lose enough i would go on a mission to eat as much shit as possible to kind of punish myself, or id think "sod it, im gonna eat that cos im fat and ugly anyway, it wont make a difference" :(

When i had Izzie, i was almost half a stone lighter than before i got pregnant, and i was so happy its given me the determination i needed to realise that food isnt evil, and that i should just try and eat healthily rather than putting pressure on myself. I dont consider myself as on a diet as such, ive just changed my eating habbits. And i still get to eat LOADS :cheer: :D Like if i fancy a KFC, i'll grill some chicken breast with spicy seasoning on it (not the same , but it does the trick) If i want a chinese, i'll make a stir fry etc....I still treat myself to the odd takeaway, but when i do, i dont stare at myself in the mirror afterwards being repulsed and regretting what ive done, lol. Im much happier now :D

Im very slowely but steadily losing weight. Ive lost almost a stone since Iz was born and although it isnt coming off as quick as id like, i know that i'l keep it off as im not on a faddy crash diet, im just eating better.

My friend lost about 2 stone in about a month. I was so jelous, but she lives on Ryvita and just cant shift anymore, i think her metabolism has just shut down where (she even admits) she just stopped eating :wall: Makes me more determind to just worry about being healthy, not thin (the weight loss is a bonus :dance: )

im just like you jade! after over a decade of eating erratically and not having proper meals, theres no hope for me any more iv completely lost any sight of what normal eating habits are like! i barely even recognise hunger anymore tbh. i dont eat when im actually hungry, i only eat when my brain tells me im getting a craving for something, even if my stomach's full! its pretty fucked up really :?

Left to my own devices i dont eat meals, i'll get hungry in the afternoon and just snack on rubbish, it's made even worse now that Tally gives me an excuse to not make food. I only ate lunch today cos my dads in and if i hadnt of had somehting he'd be funny.

I've been funny with food since i started putting weight on at about 9, i LOVE food, dont get me wrong, but it's all good food i like, the expensive stuff, the stuff that isnt readily available in our house 24/7.

I also drink a lot of my calories which is why i maintain m weight, sugary very milky coffee's, very naughty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back