losing the will to live

twinkle90

Reaction score
I don't know what else to do for Erin. She's constantly unsettled, we have tried different milks, very unsettled with feeds. When she's breathing it looks like her chest area dips in. She has a doctors appt on Friday just for them to check her over. But I'm at my wits end. Nothing satisfies her anymore.

Sorry to read your go g through a tough time, I am also. I can't comment on what you can do as this is my first baby and she is 2 weeks but just wanted to say your not alone and hopefully it will get better x

All ice had all day is constant crying. Nothing will settle her.

Hey, if this is out of the ordinary. Why not try NHS 24 and get an out of hours apps.. Friday is a while to wait if she's that unsettled ? Especially if the chest thing concerns you? Theres no silly questions.

Have you thought about allergies, like lactose etc?

In the meantime would a bath and/or walk settle her? X

Just go hospital and demand to see a paediatrician, that you want everything ruled out and you want answers x

Has she started teething? Also have you tried white noise or music, or a drive in the car for a bit of soothing while you wait to have her seen? Sorry I'm just reeling off suggestions

Yeah just get someone to look her over or.discuss on the phone.to.put your mind at ease . I've used NHS 24. They let you speak to a nurse or make an appointment for an examination. I got an appointment probably within the hour one Sunday when I called.

Hi it could be dairy allergy, it's really common in babies. My lg got diagnosed at 7 weeks after 12 hours of not really getting any milk into her I called post natal ward and they said to go to a&e as they can dehydrate quickly. She got seen by a paediatric doctor and after four hours they diagnosed the allergy. Tried her with prescription milk whilst there and had a different child from then. Keep pushing don't wait if not taking milk.

Was in the same boat twinkle, Daisy was so unsettled from about 3 weeks - tried everything and eventually got diagnosed with cows milk intolerance 3 weeks ago - she's now on prescription milk and started weaning dairy free and she's a different baby xx

Update: So Wednesday evening we 're used to call the out of hours even just for advice. We went in to see the out of hours gp at 10:15pm. He checked her over and wasmt concerned at all about her chest. But he did say she has a viral infection so just paracetamol and nurofen.
This morning I went to the doctors to get the 2nd opinion. And he also wasn't concerned. And also said she has the viral. The dr wanted us to come back at Tom, so we did check her over agaim and was happy with her. And said to phone up again if anything gets worse.

The way you described her breathing sounds like she is having to use her accessory muscles to breath, I would ring 111 if I were you and get advice hun. Have you taken temperature etc? xxx

Update, so shes full of cold and cough. Her chest is still the same, dips in when breathing. But is still a happy baby. Very grumpy and whiney though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back