Loosing hope :(

longingforabump

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im here seeking some advice. I have been trying to concieve with my partner for 3 months now and no luck. Below is a bit of background on us both in hope someone can shed a little light and offer advice.....

Me: female, 22 years old, I dont drink or smoke, I drank recreationally but stopped 3 years ago. I have been on the pill since i was 15 microgynon until i was 20 then cerozette until i was 22. I stopped taking the pill almost 4 months ago. I have always had regular periods, every month and since i stopped taking the pill i have been taking folic acid and my first period after stopping was heavier and more painful than normal, my last couple have been regular to the day and easier (less pain and bleeding than first) I have had no spotting in between. I have had 2 operations where i have had to have tissue lazered off internally, not quite endometriosis but a similar thing; the tissue was bleeding during intercourse but nothing was said about affecting fertility.

Him: 23, smokes cigarettes and until recently; smoke hash too recreationally to help with sleeping after a traumatic experience in may. he used to rely heavily on alcohol but has recently in the last 6 months given it up. he was trying for a baby with his previous partner for 3 months but they had no luck either (there was a possibility she was still taking her pill) he eats a lot of meat and rarely any fruit or veg, he works on site so is active and very toned. He is very energetic and lively and happy

Im new to all this and am hoping someone can help me understand why we are not getting pregnant as im beginning to worry :(

:wave: Welcome to the forum.

I was on Microgynon for years and I conceived 3rd and 2nd cycle with my first 2. I then was on Cerezette while breastfeeding my 2nd and came off that and conceived first month. It can take a while for your system to settle and your cycles to return to normal so I wouldnt be too concerned about not catching on in 3 months - that's nothing out of the ordinary.

Your partner isnt doing his sperm count or quality any favours. My hubby is far from the featuring on the front page of Men's Heath Magazine but smoking and in particular smoking pot is known to have possible effects on your fertility. If he's stopped or it cutting down that can only help and if he can eat better that will too. He needs to look after himself first then he'll be able to look after you and your baby too! :)

Why dont you talk to him and see how he feels about maybe taking some supplements? You can get matching his and hers vitamins for TTC. It's a step in the right direction. :)

Good luck!

:hug:
As far as i know...and i'm new to this too, but 3 months is not very long I'm kinda expecting 6-12 months for us and we've had a baby already. He's obv as Lisa says not doing himself any favours but still i wouldnt worry too much hun. Some people try for years, my mum tried for 4 years before having me :shock:

As Blob, I think most are extremely lucky if they succeed in the first few months, the norm is around 6-9 ish,

Welcome though and good luck in ur journey xx

I agree. It can seem like an eternity just waiting for the next morning to test so three months can seem endless. Don't loose hope though, it can happen at any time and the healthier the path you both choose, the better. Also, you are probably already doing this but try to pay close, close attention to your cycle so that you're definitely 'having a go' at your optimum moments.

My sister and her boyfriend have been together for 5 years, never used any contraception because he had a very low sperm count and hey presto, out of the blue she fell pregnant after almost 3.5 years of no protection! It can take an age but you'll get there, just have faith and try not to put too much pressure on yourself so early on.

:wave: Welcome to the forum.

I was on Microgynon for years and I conceived 3rd and 2nd cycle with my first 2. I then was on Cerezette while breastfeeding my 2nd and came off that and conceived first month. It can take a while for your system to settle and your cycles to return to normal so I wouldnt be too concerned about not catching on in 3 months - that's nothing out of the ordinary.

Your partner isnt doing his sperm count or quality any favours. My hubby is far from the featuring on the front page of Men's Heath Magazine but smoking and in particular smoking pot is known to have possible effects on your fertility. If he's stopped or it cutting down that can only help and if he can eat better that will too. He needs to look after himself first then he'll be able to look after you and your baby too! :)

Why dont you talk to him and see how he feels about maybe taking some supplements? You can get matching his and hers vitamins for TTC. It's a step in the right direction. :)

Good luck!

Thank you :) he is taking supplements and slowly but surely quitting the bad habbits, just hard as hes stuck in his ways!lol!

:hug:
As far as i know...and i'm new to this too, but 3 months is not very long I'm kinda expecting 6-12 months for us and we've had a baby already. He's obv as Lisa says not doing himself any favours but still i wouldnt worry too much hun. Some people try for years, my mum tried for 4 years before having me :shock:

Thank you :) I just feel like im doing something wrong!

As Blob, I think most are extremely lucky if they succeed in the first few months, the norm is around 6-9 ish,

Welcome though and good luck in ur journey xx

thank you :) I dont want to let him or me down, im worried something wrong will happen

I agree. It can seem like an eternity just waiting for the next morning to test so three months can seem endless. Don't loose hope though, it can happen at any time and the healthier the path you both choose, the better. Also, you are probably already doing this but try to pay close, close attention to your cycle so that you're definitely 'having a go' at your optimum moments.

My sister and her boyfriend have been together for 5 years, never used any contraception because he had a very low sperm count and hey presto, out of the blue she fell pregnant after almost 3.5 years of no protection! It can take an age but you'll get there, just have faith and try not to put too much pressure on yourself so early on.

thank you :) its nice to hear others have taken a while so puts my mind at rest :)

I have been trying for 3 years now, it's horrible waiting that long....

You will get there in the end, everyone does some way. Good Luck

Donna xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back