Loooong day

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
Because of my silly midwife only booking appts between 12 and 3 on Monday's and dishes out times on a first come first serve basis I have a 1pm appt to see her!

This means (because I don't drive) I have to leave work at 12 get on 2 busses and a train (taking about an hour) to go to the midwife 5 mins away from my house, then get back on the train and 2 busses (for another hour) to go back to work for 2 hours only to finish and do the same journey again!

All in 27 degree heat!

Fabulous!!

On the plus side she'll tell me wether my appt on Wednesday is an extra scan or not!

blimey take it slow..look at my day hun ...

10.30 - LO hearing test
11.15 - LO music/singing/dancing group
12.15 - Maternity appointment
2.30 - Opticians

And Ive got to pack as we're moving house on friday!!! Thank god my mum is going to have Jude this afternoon and I can drive so its nowhere near as bad as yours

xxx

My midwife has appointments like this. They're so bloody inconvenient aren't they. Takes me an hour and a half to get to the doctors from work and the same back again. When I complained I just got snapped at and told 'You're entitled to time off work for these appointments'. Thats as may be but I can't just keep having 4+ hours off work every few weeks.

I've ended up using holiday for at least 50% of them so work don't get sniffy.

that's annoying, what hospital are you at, i can't believe your mw's appointments are so limited, how annoying for you! xx

that's annoying, what hospital are you at, i can't believe your mw's appointments are so limited, how annoying for you! xx

Hillingdon Hospital. The midwife is at my doctors tho which is a crap doctor. I only registered because I found out I was pregnant just had to go anywhere to find out what to do next lol and again even that was a mission, they wanted me to wait like a month to register so I had to make a point of the fact that I was pregnant and HAD to see somone!

Thinking about asking if I can not come back in and make the 2 hours up that I would've been working next week. 4 hours worth of travelling in a day is not good!

yeah hun do that, ur 28 weeks preggers, u dont want to do all that travelling in one day, you'll be exhausted! xx

What a pain in the bum! Hope they don't make you go back to work.

Gotta wait untill 11 when my boss is in to see what she says! Hopefully she'll feel sorry for me!

fx she'll let you. thats crazy esp in this heat. when you going on maternity? x

omg make sure you take some water and a snack with you chick! Hope that your boss does the right thing and lets you off after the appt'! xxx

bet you cant wait. itll be here in no time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back