Looking likely that madam will be early.

TundraOwl

Reaction score
Had a bit of a shock yesterday when we went for our growth scan. Everything is fine but madam is engaged already :shock: and the doc said he wouldnt be surprised if something kicked off in the next 2 weeks :shock: just worried as that will take us to 35 or 36 weeks. I'm hoping we make it to 37 but just a bit worried about her. The hospital are happy that she should be fine if we go early but cant help worrying about her. Any one had positive experience with early babies? Just want her to be ok.
xx

my daughter was engaged quite early on but only came 2 and a half weeks early, she weighed 6lb 2oz and was perfect, i'm sure baby will be fine hun if your lil madam decides to make an early appearance :) xx

my beauty was born at 32+3 and hadnt been growing since 30 weeks due to my pre eclampsia. she came out at 3lb3oz and is absolutely perfect to this day! It is worrying having an early baby and i advise that you DON'T google it as it threatens the life out of you. If you must look it up, youtube it. There are some lovely videos on there of prem babies on there and how they are doing now.

Good luck :) x

Try not to worry. Kynon was born at 36+0 weeks and apart from a bit of jaundice and a little extra monitoring he was fine and still is. He was also a great weight at 7lb 8 so didn't even look like an early baby!

my daughter was born at 33 + 4 and was fine, not problems apart from some jaundice.

I got told that i wouldn't make it full term with my son as i had a short cervix but he was born on his due date.

Try not to worry hun, my cousin has her LO at 35 weeks and he weighed 5lb 13 and had no problems at all, what is your LO weighing in at now? xx

hey guys, went into to prem labour on friday but it was stopped with a drip, had a full course of steroids but they said they will be surprised if we make it more than a couple of weeks. shes had her steroids now tho and was weighing just over 5lb at our last scan so feeling more positive :)

I am sure that even if you have her now everything will be ok, my daughter was born at 31 weeks with no warning so no drugs and she is four now and every bit the handful!!!!! The fact they are on standby and you have had the steroids will make all the difference. Relax as much as you can. Thinking of you, take care xxxx

Ella was born at 35+5 weighing 5lbs 9oz and is absolutely perfect. She had to stay in scbu for 11 days as she needed antibiotics for a listeria infection but she was always well and able to be cuddled/held etc x

I am a neonatal nurse (look after premature babies) and 35 weeks and above quite often go home fairly quickly and aren't considered early by us! They may have slight issue feeding but quickly rights itself x

Thanks guys for all the support, well we're 36 weeks on monday and been getting alot of strong BH and had some show so will just have to wait and see what happens, have a consultant appointment on Tuesday so will see what they say. So glad we've made it this far :D thanks again guys, you've all been great! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back