Looking for some ideas!

FluffyCats

Reaction score
Hello!

I told myself I wouldn't write this thread untill we find out what sex baby is at 20 weeks, but I just can't help thinking about it! :)

We like old fashioned names, and need something to go with Matilda May.

If we have a girl our favorites so far are,
Violet
Elsie

I really want to use Florence as a middle name (hubby doesn't like it enough for first name) and I think Elsie Florence has such a lovely ring to it and it sounds so perfect with my DDs name but it's not my very favorite name like Violet is.
Do you think Violet Florence is a bit of a mouthful? What other middle names could I use?
I like Violet Pearl but wondered if that's a bit to adventurous for us really. Would people think it a bit weird?
Ivy and Iris make it sound like a name of a plant or a paint colour lol.

Our only boy choice so far, although popular is
Oscar.
i'ld like to carry my dad's name over as a middle name which is Anthony. What are your opinions on Oscar Anthony?
Any other boy ideas to go with our DD?

Thanks guys! :)

I like peal on your list, my cousin called her daughter pearl :)

I think Oscar Anthony sounds too much of a mouthful, lovely names but I don't think they sound right together.

If you was a really want a old fashion name, my nans middle name was emmeline (Emma leen ) I really like it but my OH didn't. I went for a modern way of spelling it which is Emily .

One of my close friends has a one year old called Elsie and I love the name- it really suits her and is still relatively uncommon:)))

I wouldn't worry about names being a mouthful, you only really say their full name when they're in trouble anyway ;) They'll hear their first and last names much more often so if you love a middle name, go for it. We're having Amelie Dorothy for a girl and while it's a mouthful, Dorothy was my grandma's name and my husband and I have adored Amelie from our first naming conversation. Both names feel right so we've gone for them.

I would be cautious pairing first names that could be colours with the middle name Pearl, it stands out as a little on the odd side and you're definitely right about some names sounding like paint colours! Flippin' Dulux ruining things!

I like Matilda the best for your girl but can't give an opinion on Oscar as my brother had a dog by that name so it's ruled out for us! Rueben is really popular at the moment and that just makes me think of my mum and dad's cat!

Have fun coming up with more names, boys are the trickiest in my home.

I love your names. I had Elsie, Elise, Florence and violet on my list. Baby was nearly called Fearne but we went with Cora Elise x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back