Lock the thread please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive already surrendered cosmic girl lol- all i hate is people saying that you shouldn't have kids on minimum wage :S x

Why have some people taken that thread so personally? It's a really healthy and sensible debate!!
People are saying that those who aren't financially secure shouldnt ttc, isn't that common sense? Don't we all agree on that?
People are discussing how terrible it is for people to cheat the system, don't we all agree on that??
Everyone has sympathised for the terrible time that legitimate claimants have - don't we all agree on that??
We have said childcare should be subsidised, disabled folk should be helped more financially, yeah, still sensible?????
I really don't see the issue or why people are taking it so personally.
It's actually a really interesting thread, with differing opinions, that's what a forum is for!!
If you don't like the subject, don't click it, simple as that.
I just wonder why a few are taking it so personally?????

well said cos, i have enjoyed reading it all tbh and saw no personal attacks only logic

Erm, immigrants are not entitled to anything. I am Russian,married to a Brit and.i wasnt even entitled to child benefit..i was working and got smp but thats because i paid my fair share of taxes.
In Russia all you have is.jobseekers which stops soon and minimal child benefit. Thats it.
Its great that benefits are there for those who need them but the government isnt encouraging mothers to go back to work. This is the biggest flaw.
Oh and i think.everyone is entitled to an.opinion

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Its not just about cheats and people an benefits there are people saying people on minimum wage shouldn't have kids and wait until they have more money (although there is no guarantee this will happen its lucky if it does) so thats annoyed me im not talking about individual opinions im saying the whole thread is just there to tell people who have kids on benefits they are wrong and its not the right forum to do this.

I'm being 100% honest here, I have read the whole thread and didn't see that being mentioned.

:shock:

I agree that this is being taken far too personally. It is a thread about people who chose benefits as a lifestyle - for example....I wont bother working i'll just get benefits. Everyone on the thread has agreed that its great that benefits are there for people to fall back on should something go wrong. I dont understand why people are getting so defensive about it?

Seriously - why cant we just have one controversial subject on here without it being closed or arguments being started?

Agree!!!
There is NO incentive and infact there are actual barriers stopping mothers returning to work.
Barrier 1 - hideous childcare fees!!!!!!
Grrr don't get me started on fees, I feel I should part own that bloody nursery all the money I've paid them!!!! x

Agree!!!
There is NO incentive and infact there are actual barriers stopping mothers returning to work.
Barrier 1 - hideous childcare fees!!!!!!
Grrr don't get me started on fees, I feel I should part own that bloody nursery all the money I've paid them!!!! x

A family friend actually started a private nursery, made a packet, sold it for a huge amount about 5 years later and retired early :lol: If you have business skills and a head for figures it's not a bad option for a working mother!

Tell me about it!
The lady that owned our nursery sold it and retired to Spain, age 40!!!
A dr at work has just left to open a day nursery as there is soooo much money to be made!!!
It's terrible because the girls there are paid peanuts! x

yeah I feel bad for the nursery nurses coz that cant be an easy job! I used to think....how hard can it be looking after babies. But since having mine & being in the place twice a day, its enough to give me a head-ache, I really duno how they cope. Yeah the owners get a fortune, and there is so many areas that dont have any nurseries, for example here, my nursery is 30mins bus journey & this is a built up area. And there is always waiting lists too.

Defo a good business idea

:)

And the added responsibility of looking after someone else's children, my own I can just about deal with lol x

The discussion on another topic is just going round in circles. If you don't relate to a topic or feel you can discuss your opinion in civilised manner then no you don't open the thread to participate.

Admin have reviewed the thread and it will remain open anyone purposely found to try and disrupt the topic purely to get it closed down will find their accounts at risk.

I cannot believe our rule on discussing terminations was compared to this. These posts were removed by a moderator.

You will find such topics come up on pregnancy and parenting forums, if you are really put out by them then I'm afraid to say these forums are probably not for you, I don't mean pg forum but all pregnancy/parenting forums. As pg forum grows bigger you will come across more hot topics. It's up to you as the adults how you handle them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back