Lock the thread please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for gang up only needed advice on how to stop the alerts if anything.

20/06/2012 - Elliott born at 12:09 x

11/02/2011 - Leo born at 11:37 x

To be honest redbear i got bored of seeing the post on it saying certain people shouldn't have children. End of the day they can't stop anyone and its upset me as i was on benefits when i conceived my second as i wanted them close my partner is willing to find work to support us and i found all of them taking the worse cases and moaning about them. Yes there has and always will be people who take advantage but moaning about it on here won't help.

I don't understand why this thread is still going.

Rules are rules, why can't they just be respected?

To be honest redbear i got bored of seeing the post on it saying certain people shouldn't have children. End of the day they can't stop anyone and its upset me as i was on benefits when i conceived my second as i wanted them close my partner is willing to find work to support us and i found all of them taking the worse cases and moaning about them. Yes there has and always will be people who take advantage but moaning about it on here won't help.

But that's what a forum is for discussing and debating topics in a civilised manner if you find a topic is upsetting you or you don't agree you have the choice to reply with your opinion or to not read the topic .

But that's what a forum is for discussing and debating topics in a civilised manner if you find a topic is upsetting you or you don't agree you have the choice to reply with your opinion or to not read the topic .

Like i said before just advice on how to stop alerts on Tapatalk would have been helpful fair enough they can talk about it. Be a different story if you shouldn't have more than 4 kids thread popped up as the planet is over crowded enough. Tell me that one same subject really saying certain people shouldn't have kids because of some factor in their life!

No ones saying you shouldn't tho, they're saying it's bad judgement! Anyway, forums are about sharing experiences and opinions, human nature means that our views will differ from ttime to time! If you don't like that, then maybe a forum ismt.the place for you

From the forum rules

Public posts debating these rules and/or moderators enforcement of such, will be removed without comment. We encourage feedback but request that you use the 'Contact Us' link below if you have any questions or concerns.

No ones saying you shouldn't tho, they're saying it's bad judgement! Anyway, forums are about sharing experiences and opinions, human nature means that our views will differ from ttime to time! If you don't like that, then maybe a forum ismt.the place for you

Because i disagree with the subject i shouldn't go on a forum, all im saying is a subject on a pregnancy forum about weather its 'irresponsible or not' to have children is stupid its too late all it will do is upset people who are on benefits with kids. I dont think anyone has the right to say when they think someone should have babies. To me its the same mentality as 'all immigrants should be shipped off' because why should tax payers pay for those too?

this subject comes up about once a month i have been here a year and have seen it crop up alot, as many of the regaulars will also have done as its something alot of mother enjoy to discuss

noone made any personal attacks, yeah if you catch by accident well it doesnt matter you will cope noone will judge you?

however should someone ( FOR EXAMPLE ) choose to bring a child into a world where they are going to struggle and they know they will financially...i just dont see the logic?

dont anyone get all trotting about on their high horses its JUST my opinion, i have been ttc for 3 years and am desperate for a bambino BUT if i wasnt financially secure then i can safely say no i wouldn't be ttc.

the thread is aimed at benefit cheats and people who have no life aim other than to claim, im sure that doesnt apply to anyone involved so why take it all so personally

give me a logical reason why you would chose to have a baby, plan it etc when you know you wont have the funds to cope?

findning yourself in this situation by accident or via no fault of your opwn is a different matter and i dont think anyone ever slated those who genuinely need the benefits they claim?

im not saying i willl breeze through it, i will still struggle as it costs a hell of a lot of money! and thats with savings!

this is an open forum at the end of the day, you WILL clash with people, peoples opinions will differ.

All i see here and in this thread is a healthy debate with various people taking it out of context?

Because i disagree with the subject i shouldn't go on a forum, all im saying is a subject on a pregnancy forum about weather its 'irresponsible or not' to have children is stupid its too late all it will do is upset people who are on benefits with kids. I dont think anyone has the right to say when they think someone should have babies. To me its the same mentality as 'all immigrants should be shipped off' because why should tax payers pay for those too?

no its human nature to disagree its called having an opinion so you dont have to leave??

i think you have taken this to heart too much

:roll: I never said you should leave, it's not my place! All I was saying is we all have our own opinions and views and if someone doesn't like this fact of nature then maybe a forum designed for sharing views/opinions isn't the best place to be! You just seem to have taken an impersonal discussion personally, especially seeing as noone actually said you were in the wrong?!

And just to add, immigrants get a very, very small amount of money, the vast majority don't actually get anything, contrary to popular belief!

Its not just about cheats and people an benefits there are people saying people on minimum wage shouldn't have kids and wait until they have more money (although there is no guarantee this will happen its lucky if it does) so thats annoyed me im not talking about individual opinions im saying the whole thread is just there to tell people who have kids on benefits they are wrong and its not the right forum to do this.

true alice and thoes who are not from the EU must work to stay here, like the russians for example.

Refugees or asylum seekers get bare minimum also regardless of EU status

I think the thread in question has been taken out of context. The replies are such that many people (myself included) feel you should wait to have children, and not that you shouldn't have children. Many of us have had to wait and save. We saved up and brought a new house, upgraded the car, sorted out the funds etc before we tried. It took years and a lot of hard work to set everything up.

I have to agree with lynette and wonder why it's been taken so personally. People who are in a pickle, who get injured, sick, made redundant, become full time careers for a child/family member etc are all entitled to financial help, no one has quibbled that. That is what the system is for.

Oh dear what a hornets nest. I will no longer be reading these threads as I think it's all been said. Let your own moral compass be your guide :)

The thread is still there why not join in and debate your feelings with everyone else ? Everyone is entitled to an opinion and has an opportunity to express it. This thread was started to ask for it to be closed it hasn't been closed as its a calm discussion.

I think the thread in question has been taken out of context. The replies are such that many people (myself included) feel you should wait to have children, and not that you shouldn't have children. Many of us have had to wait and save. We saved up and brought a new house, upgraded the car, sorted out the funds etc before we tried. It took years and a lot of hard work to set everything up.

I have to agree with lynette and wonder why it's been taken so personally. People who are in a pickle, who get injured, sick, made redundant, become full time careers for a child/family member etc are all entitled to financial help, no one has quibbled that. That is what the system is for.

its all been taken out of context:roll:

why you would defend openly planning to riase a child on no money i dont know

BUT the people on here as i said before are not in this situation, they have FOUND themselevs in it

so why are people defending others who chose to coast on the system, people who CHOSE not FIND themselves having to

ok guys enough now hands up i surrender whatever i have joined in the conversation now.

You know what instead of arguing we should all gang up on the super rich dodging tax because they actually cost more than the people claiming benefits!!!

true alice and thoes who are not from the EU must work to stay here, like the russians for example.

Refugees or asylum seekers get bare minimum also regardless of EU status

The media have done a fab job of skewing our perception of asylum seekers, we're told that practically anyone can claim it, you get an easy ride etc etc etc, when actually the vast majority are refused! If you come yo the UK from Afghanistan you get refused cos apparently it's a safe country!

Why have some people taken that thread so personally? It's a really healthy and sensible debate!!
People are saying that those who aren't financially secure shouldnt ttc, isn't that common sense? Don't we all agree on that?
People are discussing how terrible it is for people to cheat the system, don't we all agree on that??
Everyone has sympathised for the terrible time that legitimate claimants have - don't we all agree on that??
We have said childcare should be subsidised, disabled folk should be helped more financially, yeah, still sensible?????
I really don't see the issue or why people are taking it so personally.
It's actually a really interesting thread, with differing opinions, that's what a forum is for!!
If you don't like the subject, don't click it, simple as that.
I just wonder why a few are taking it so personally?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back