LO having trouble breathing

positivity :)

Reaction score
Will has a really bad cold and has not been breathing properly all night. Iv just bought him into the living room so that he can sleep in his swing as he's more upright.

Iv given him Sterimar spray but it's not touched it. At points he is gasping to breath as he's so heavily congested and iv accepted I won't be sleeping as I'm so worried.

Does anyone have any recommendations??

Xx

Hey hun :hug: there is baby olbas oil but I'm not sure what age it can be used from? Or try a steamy room? I'm not sure if this helps with general congestion though. Try propping him up in his cot maybe? Xxx

Yeah steamy room is v good....run the shower with him and u in ithe bathroom and the steam will help clear his passages. Good luck. Must be worrying him not breathing well xx

You poor thing. So horrible sat up at night worrying:( hope you get some sleep in the day.

I was going to suggest steam in a bathroom!

Olbas oil on a muslin hang it up securely so he can breath it whilst e sleeps !

Hope he gets better soon xxx

Ah poor thing. You can get plug in diffusers, they helped when Kynon had a cold but don't know what age they are for. Hope he gets better soon x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. I'm seeing the HV today so will ask then too and I'l try Ur suggestions xx

I hope he starts to feel better soon, its awful when they can't breathe x

I have the same with.C. took him the docs today and he just has a build up of mucus and to put him in a steamy room and use.nasal sprays :) he said eventually it should go, usually goes.by the time they're 3 months but its not a big deal of it goes on longer xx

How did you get on chicky? Sorry to read this, must have been awful last night.xx

Thanks everyone. They suggested nasal drops so I'm trying them. Really hoping they work.

Pinky I see the HV at the clinic in a walk in session which they run every Wednesday and Friday xx

Ahhh good coz mine kinda left last time with a 'see you at clinic' and I realised she hadn't made another appt so was a bit worried but guessing it's normal :)

Just seen this, how is he now pos? I bet that was worrying.

Hope LO is ok

:hugs:

He slept better last night thankfully but still has his cold bless him :( xxx

Sorry to hear that it's hard when they are like that, lily had a stage of being like it and thankfully the spray worked for her.. I hope the drops work and the advice the ladies have already given should help too.. I think all the plug in ones are from 3 months? Don't hold me to that tho!!
Hope he's better soon!xx

Pos, how long has Will had the cold for? Charlie has had this one for months and today I found out he could he lactose intolerant cause he's been funny with feeds Tue past few.weeks not I put it down to teething, so just a heads up if he still has it after 3 months or so, he's prob fine though my oh had to have soya look when he was a baby so its only typical Charlie does x

Sorry to hear that.. :( Lily's had a stinking cold for three weeks now think its just passing round the family and back again :roll:
How's he doing now?x

Pos, how long has Will had the cold for? Charlie has had this one for months and today I found out he could he lactose intolerant cause he's been funny with feeds Tue past few.weeks not I put it down to teething, so just a heads up if he still has it after 3 months or so, he's prob fine though my oh had to have soya look when he was a baby so its only typical Charlie does x

Thanks I'l bear that in mind. What do u mean by being funny with feeds? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back