little setback(UPDATED)

scottishterrier

Reaction score
Well tonight was supposed to be the night that i broke the news to my boyfriend. However he is laid up in bed 100 miles away with a sivere sickness bug! Im disappointed as i had been building up to do it and even made sure i had the pregnancy confirmed with my doc today in preperation.
Looks like he may be laid up for at least a few days then he's off working in England again for all of next week!
Lol i might be nearly due by the time we catch up!

Well, he knows! We were speaking on the phone and i don't even remember how but he joked about being told i was pregnant and how he would kill himself, i broke down into tears and hung up, he called back and guessed!
He was very shocked(understandable) but reasonable, he asked if i was 100% sure about keeping the baby and i said yes but that since the decission was mine i would totally understand if he didnt want involved.
He said although this was the last thing he wanted and expected, he would stand by me and although its still sinking in right now for him i think we can make a go of this. I cried a lot, he sympathised, considering we have been together only 14 weeks and im nearly 6 weeks pregnant it went well. I had totally prepared for the worst as i decided if i expected the worse anything else would be good. Its early days and still a bit rocky but so far so good*fingers crossed*
thanks to everyone for the support :hug:

aww hun things always happen like that dont they im sure you will get to tell him soon enough
manda xx

Well, that sucks! Don't worry though, you'll tell him soon enough.
Are you nervous or excited or what?

How disappointing! I hope he's better soon and you're able to tell him before too long, you must be feeling really anxious :hug: :hug:

aww honey, I can imagine it must have been as much a shock for him as it was for you initially. I hope he comes around once the idea sinks in, I am sure he will.
Lots of hugs for you sweetie. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

It's great that he's willing to give it a go, you can relax a bit now you've done the hard bit by telling him.

I'd been with my OH for 2 years when I fell pg with james unexpectectly. My OH said have an abortion or it's over, so I told him where to stick it and went back to live with my parents. He did come crawling back 3 months after James was born and as been brilliant since.

So you see, I think you're OH has took it really well and it's looking good :D

The fact that he knows now must be a weight of your mind :hug:

Hopefully now you will be able to relax a bit and take things one step at a time.

yeah, now that he knows i feel like a weight has been lifted. its still a bit rocky but im fully prepared to go this alone so anything else is a bonus.
Spoke to him this morning and he's still in shock so im just hoping it sinks in soon and we get through this.
:hug:

well that went well then dint it hun im happy you are both happy and you will be able to make it work lots of people do me and hubby are married and weve only been together 9 months lol. time isnt the problem if you really both like eahover thats all that matters :D
manda xx

I think that his reaction was disappointing, especially as you're the one who is going to go through all of these changes etc. However, since he has said that he is willing to stand by you, I think that you should be positive and wait until he comes home so you can both have a good talk. Perhaps once he sees his baby on the screen he will feel better and it will sink in. Hopefully he will fal in love with him or her once he does see it :)

Good luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back