Uh Oh

scottishterrier

Reaction score
Well although im not telling Ellie(my 5 year old) the news just yet, i thought i would broach the subject to see what her reaction would be.
Ive joked with her a few times in the past about mummy getting a new baby and she was never happy about it.
Anyway today we were talking about her best friend Charlie who recently got a new baby brother. I was asking Ellie about it and i said hey it might be fun to have a baby brother or sister to play with..her reaction was not good lol
I think ill have to sleep with one eye open when she doesn know! :rotfl:

I remember the stories my mum told me about when i was born(brother was only 15 months) and how as i grew and he realised i was there to stay, my brother would try to push the pram down hills, and how he would come up to me and try to nip me! lol i can see Ellie being like that

glad it's not just me :)

I made the mistake of telling my 2 yr old toddler. She seems to be happy about it and asks me about it a bit, but on the other hand she seems to have got a bit aggressive and is always trying to sit or stand on my tummy when im lying down.

She's quite heavy and I used to swing her around quite a bit, and bounce on the bed with her, but ive stopped doing this quite so much and she doesnt like it one bit.

She definitely isnt happy, so am scouring the internet on tips on how to deal with it !!

Yeah i think ill have real problems with Ellie inirtially. She's the only grandchild/niece etc on both family's sides and is used to being the centre of attention. Obviously ill be making sure she isnt left out and feels special, i was told to buy a gift(something she really wants) for when the baby is born and tell her its from him/her which may help! bribary lol

My 6year old is an only child and the centre of attention but we told her andshes over the moon!She loves the idea cant wait,guess Im lucky.

helsekia said:
My 6year old is an only child and the centre of attention but we told her andshes over the moon!She loves the idea cant wait,guess Im lucky.

Exactly the same here :dance:

I'm sure that when she knows for real she will be happy about it. (eventually lol)

I'm a bit worried about how James will take it when the baby arrives. We've tried telling him I've got a baby in my tummy but he's in denial, he says 'no you haven't'. He sometimes tries to hit me in the stomach when I talk about it, and wants to change the subject so I've decided to leave it for now.
Other days he will say he wants twins and call them George and Georgia :lol: I'm sure he will get used to the idea once I start getting a bump.

Paris is just comeing round to the idea, although at first she was like we have a gog and thats enough

if u got a doppler maybe let her listen to the babys heartbeat see how she reacts then :) or he if u have a lil boy already :)

my DD is 2 this month, i keep asking her where baby is and she points at my belly and kisses it, were trying to make it fun for her as i dont want her getting jealous, just think at the minute shes too young to really know whats what. I think it helps my OH is a stay at home dad as she goes to him more for hugs etc so seeing me with new baby wont be too much of a threat.

we will see, i know shes going to grow up alot more by the time new baby arrives

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back