LISTENING TO BABY'S HEARTBEAT.

NIE

Reaction score
I know it is early days, but recently I have been thinking of buying something to listen to my baby's heartbeat.

I have seen 1 in Argos and babies r us but I can't use them until about 21 weeks. I have heard very little about dopplers.... can anyone tell me how soon I can use one and where to get a good one.

Thanks x

Thinking bout getting a doppler myself hun!
Have a look on www.anawiz.com
It's really good site & gives loads of info
I do know that the Mothercare ones are rubbish tho!
:D :D

Whatever you do dont get the one from Argos! I bought mine at 10 weeks. I heard babys heart with it at 20 weeks and I heard it this morning but it's crap basically. You have to lay there for ages fiddling around with it trying to get it in the right spot and when you do hear the heart it is so faint and quite. It depends how badly you want one but to get a decent one you would have to pay more then the argos one. Alot of the girls here get them from ebay.

I have the ANGEL SOUNDS Doppler, bought brand new on ebay with a bottle of gel for around the £25 marker (bought while TTC as it was just a bargain so can't remember exact price!) but it's fantastic detected the heartbeat at just short of 10 weeks pregnant and I've really enjoyed using it. Hope to donate it to someone who really wants one after the birth.

I've got a BF-500, bought it from dopplerhire.co.uk. I tried it at what I thought was 12 weeks and got nothing (that has since been explained as at my scan they put me back a week!). But since then I've found LO's heartbeat everytime!

They say in the bumf that comes with it that a full bladder can help you hear, but in my case an empty bladder helped me!

Because I had to wait till 15 weeks for my first mw appointment I found the doppler amazing! I had no pregnancy symptoms, apart from no AF and a BFP (8 times! hahahaha)

Oh, almost forgot, if you order one, order a BIG bottle of gel too....dopplers are adictive! :D

xxx

i have got the angelsounds one you can get them really cheap on ebay and i would definately recommnd. i heard my LO heartbeat at 12 weeks and listen once a week and it is great, you cn hear them moving and everything its wonderful. hth xxxxx

NIE said:
I know it is early days, but recently I have been thinking of buying something to listen to my baby's heartbeat.

I have seen 1 in Argos and babies r us but I can't use them until about 21 weeks. I have heard very little about dopplers.... can anyone tell me how soon I can use one and where to get a good one.

Thanks x

I agree, do not buy the Argos one. I bought that one from Mothercare, what a waste of money. Even at the end of my pregnancy I could only hear my heartbeat and that was very faint. Total waste of money. I was gonna stick it on eBay but felt too guilty at selling something so crap although a lot do get sold on there. Mine went in the bin.

Thanks for the advice girls. :hug:

I have now ordered the angel sounds for £40. Should get it sometime this week. Hope I get to hear my baby's heart beat in the next few weeks.....Can't wait.....

Londoner Claire said:
I agree, do not buy the Argos one. I bought that one from Mothercare, what a waste of money. Even at the end of my pregnancy I could only hear my heartbeat and that was very faint. Total waste of money. I was gonna stick it on eBay but felt too guilty at selling something so crap although a lot do get sold on there. Mine went in the bin.

thats almost exactly what i was gonna say except i bought mine out of a pregnancy mag, and i also felt to guilty to sell it so binned it not long after having ryan

Lert us know how you get on with the doppler once it comes :hug:

ones u seen in argos and babies r us it depends how big u are. i couldnt hear my babys till around 23weeks as im petite (small).

as for dopplers i dunno think their better but i prefer to hear the baby splash in the fluid etc :D

kimheath said:
i have got the angelsounds one you can get them really cheap on ebay and i would definately recommnd. i heard my LO heartbeat at 12 weeks and listen once a week and it is great, you cn hear them moving and everything its wonderful. hth xxxxx

Me too, got it off Ebay and it was the bet thing I bought when I was PG, I was obsessed at first with it but then used it everynow and again towards the end-the kicks and wriggling about are reassurance enough!!!

enn said:
ones u seen in argos and babies r us it depends how big u are. i couldnt hear my babys till around 23weeks as im petite (small).

as for dopplers i dunno think their better but i prefer to hear the baby splash in the fluid etc :D

i know what u mean about the fluid noises :D I've got the angel sound doppler and although it's too eraly for me to use it and i can't hear the heartbeat yet, i do hear all the other noises like fluid noises, etc! it's amazing.

laetitia85 said:
enn said:

i know what u mean about the fluid noises :D I've got the angel sound doppler and although it's too eraly for me to use it and i can't hear the heartbeat yet, i do hear all the other noises like fluid noises, etc! it's amazing.

yea if babays lying the wrong way round to u can hear the baby kicking also but u may not feel it yourself from inside or outside :D can also hear hiccupping too from those prenatals and cant feel it on outside if babys lying wrong way :D

yea i couldnt hear my babys heartbeat till about 23weeks but im a small person and my bumps all baby :D

so at 21weeks if u cant hear babys heartbeat dont be alarmed u may not be big enough for babys lil heartbeat or baby maybe laying wrong.

also with mine at the 23rd week i had to turn volume down to hear it as it was faint. but now i can have tv on and i can hear it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back