Prenatal listening system help

alex1988

Reaction score
Hi everyone I bought one of those dopplers to listen to babys heartbeat and I cant find it I have tried all over mainly round my pubic bone and cant hear anything that sounds like a heartbeat am i doing something wrong or is it too early?

Do you think I might hear something on a full bladder xx

It might still be abit early darling! I have one and haven't used it yet as knew I wouldn't be able to hear anything?!?!

it does say on box 21-28 weeks but im impatient and convinced myself i would be able to hear something lol, it just worries me theres something wrong now and i dont have my scan till 23rd sep :(

x

Try putting it above pubic bone then tilting it towards your feet
It may be a bit early .took me till 20 weeks to pick up hb. My friend was 11 weeks.
:D

I had an angelsounds doppler and I found it at exactly 10 weeks but it took aaaaaages of hunting for it! I find it just above the hairline and I used loads of gel and moved it around soooo slowly, centimetre by centimetre. I think it depends on the brand you buy - some are more sensitive than others. Good luck - just be patient xx

I have an angel sounds one too which says it works from 12 weeks and I found my babies heart beat this week, I didn't try earlier. Some of the dopplers do only work from 20 something weeks- i think i saw this one on the high street, is this the one you have? In which case I wouldn't expect it to work. Try not to worry! I know it's hard x

Dont worry it might be practically impossible to hear it yet! MW's dont try until much later with their top of the range equipment!

Took me hours to find my babies heartbeat at 16 weeks......

If you are going to find it I suggest trying the following:

From your belly button, go down so that you are at the top of your pubic hair line. Turn the doppler on, and use a lot of gel - it makes a huge difference!

You need to press quite hard and tilt the doppler left and right, if there is nothing then move it slightly (very very slowly), to the left, and if nothing move slightly to the right....also try going down slightly onto your actual pubic hair area.

It sounds like a horse galloping noise and will be around 120 - 160 BPM.

To know the sound you are listening for, listen to your own heart first so you know the type of noise - babies will be a lot faster than your own!!!

Good Luck, if you dont have any success, pack it away and try again in a week or so!

Hiya

I have an angel sounds doppler and found HB at 12 weeks after trying for 2 weeks, there's no mistaking it when you hear it! I can't find it now though as baby has moved right up and has disappeared into the depths of my stomach area! xx

Don't worry hun it's probably waaaay too early - especially if it says between 21-28 weeks :hug:

Mine is a Summer one I borrowed it off a friend but might buy an angel sounds xx

I had the summer one with Brody and didn't hear the heart beat until at least 24 weeks so don't panic :hug:

Hiya,

The summer ones are useless..You have no hope of finding it (i still cant now!) Id invest in an angelsounds one of ebay. Well worth the money!

Claire x

Sometimes trying to use them so early only causes worry as its hard to find a heartbeat when so small.

I'd suggest investing in at least an Angelsounds one and waiting a few more weeks. If you try again now chances are you'll drive yourself silly with worry because you can't find the heartbeat. Hence why MW's don't even try usually till 16 weeks plus.

If you still feel pregnant then take comfort and stop fretting. And put the Doppler away for a few more weeks.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back