Dopplers

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

How soon can I use a Doppler? I really really want to hear my baby's heartbeat and Im thinking of getting a doppler this weekend. Am I still to early to hear anything?

Tiggy xxx

some say you can hear it from 10 weeks but it's more like 12/14 TBH. Probably hear it at 10/11 weeks if it's your second maybe?

I think from about 12 weeks - a word of warning, don't get the Summer Prenatal listener one from mothercare or Argos - it's really rubbish! I'm 25 weeks tomorrow and can barely hear baby even now.

I have an Angel Sounds and first heard my lo's heartbeat just before 12 weeks. (first pregnancy)

Everyone is different so I wouldn't be too worried if you didn't find the heartbeat until a few weeks later than that. xxx

I might have to get one of these later on. They sound really good :D

hmm...well if u really wanna hear babys heartbeat why not just ask doc or midwife?

breezee1984 said:
hmm...well if u really wanna hear babys heartbeat why not just ask doc or midwife?

If you have a doppler of your own you can listen whenever you like in the comfort of your own home, its stopped me worrying so much :)

sometimes i forget things r different between the states and there..here we have midwives on call 24 hours a day to help u with such things whenever u want

My midwife is only in the surgery on a Friday and I wouldn't like to make a docs appt just to listen to the heartbeat - unless something felt wrong.

the ones we have here actually come to your home at no cost...the ONLY thing about the medical world in the states i like

Here you need to make an appointment 2 weeks before you're ill or you'll never get an appointment :lol:

muppetmummy said:
Here you need to make an appointment 2 weeks before you're ill or you'll never get an appointment :lol:

lmao ye too right! You gotta book in advance of illness otherwise ur feeling better by the time ur appointment arrives :lol:

At our docs you can book the midwife & nurses in advance but you have to book the doctors on the day which is a right pain if you just need to see them about something rather than being ill.

At our docs you can book the midwife & nurses in advance but you have to book the doctors on the day which is a right pain if you just need to see them about something rather than being ill.

The doctor I had when I lived in Plymouth used to work like that. Must differ depending on the health authority

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back