Heard my baby's heartbeat today!

andreaaa

Reaction score
My doppler arrived today :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I really wasn't expecting to be able to hear the heartbeat yet (I'm 10 + 5) and thought I'd be quite disappointed...

The doppler was broken :( so I fixed it with a screwdriver... :wink: still not happy with it really though because I have to take the battery out to switch it off...

I thought I had found baby's heartbeat but it turned out that I had heard the blood pumping through the placenta (Sounds more like your own heartbeat - mine runs at 80 bpm). Gave up for a little while then tried again... Picked up my baby's heartbeat :D counted 160 beats per min bless

I am over the moon :)

Yay! :cheer: How long did it take you? It took me about 3 hours the first time, and I was about 14/15 weeks!

It took hours and hours! Been trying on and off since 11 this morning... Have made a few sound clips but there is too much interference on them from the cable - sounds clear on the headphones until you plug the audio cable in to record it.

It is stil fairly faint, and i have to press on quite hard to be able to hear it - my fingers are sore from pressing so hard :rotfl: so rewarding when you hear baby's heartbeat though :)

yay :cheer:

cant wait til its my turn to hear things :)

are you addicted now?

Thats so exciting!

I know it would be too early for me to pick up anything but am thinking about buying one or maybe asking oh to get me one for xmas!

What one did you get if you dont mind me asking?

ive been looking on ebay...mostly baby beets ones there. would be great if someone could give feedback on them....they are relatively inexpensive, but pointless if they dont work :roll:

I was 10w + 5 days when the midwife found my baby's heartbeat.

Aww its amazing isnt it?

hmmm well... I have not had a good experience with baby beets at all. Yes I heard my baby's heartbeat, but it wouldn't record without interference and the gel gets all over it, in the battery compartment and everywhere! Very cheap but then you get what you pay for.

I'm going to buy another one, will probably spend more like £100 this time not £25 as I was very disappointed with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back