Lightheaded/Dizziness

pootle33

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Hope is everyone well.

Isnt funny how symptoms come and go? Yesterday I felt fine but today have felt quite sicky without actually being sick. It normally passes after lots of burping! However was in Tescos on my own this morning and felt very light headed and dizzy. This has been coming and going over the last few days but did freak me out quite a bit was glad when I got home and could lie down. Very tired too........

Cant believe I've hit the 6 week mark already.....time is flying by.....

Lightheaded/dizziness may be caused by low iron in your blood so try and eat lots of green leafy vegetables, chickpeas are also a good source of iron and breakfast cereals such as weetabix. Low iron is quite common in pregnancy and can be treated with iron tablets if you are anemic but try and prevent it, its very easy by eating the right foods.

Hope it subsides soon :hug:

Don;t forget to make sure you're drinking enough too. There are a couple of threads here detailing why you need extra water intake during pregnancy (especially in the early days) so make sure you're not dehydrated!

6 weeks :dance:

I find that when my sugar levels have dropped i get very dizzy. A sugary drink or snack normally makes me feel better. Hope u feel better soon. x

You may have passed this stage already but early on dizziness can be caused by a drop in blood pressure as your veins relax to allow for the extra blood volume your body will be building up over the first few weeks of pregnancy. One of my earliest pregnancy symptoms was dizziness to the point of almost blacking out. However if you are also feeling sick then it is more likely that he baby is demanding more from you and it's your body telling you to eat and drink more!

Regardless of the possible cause, look after yourself xxx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back