Levels & blood tests!

eldraW

Reaction score
Hey all.

I took a clearblue conception hpt on saturday night and it came back as 1-2 weeks preg which would make me 3-4 weeks but i have irregular cycles so doctor said it might not work that way.
Anyway i havent had a period since 1st march and they are still insure wether that was an mc or not.. So i have been for bloods taken today and then i will be going back next week for them to be taken again so my doctor can make sure my levels are going up nicely.

Just wondering if any of you know if a doctor can find out how far along you are by doing these blood tests?

Thanks in advance
Amy xxx

I had my bloods done as I had a mc on 1st march and fell straight after so they wanted to make sure that it was a new pregnancy not remaining hormones of mc..all I got back is a positive :) think the range for hcg numbers for a given time is quite vast so not sure they can tell just from that...they will prob book you in for scan to date?? xxx

Thanks for that hun.

First of all sorry for your loss.

I may of also mc'd on 1st march aswell but i left it too long that my levels had plumpeted by time i went to hosp and what not.

I am not sure what they will do but as i say i am back getting bloods done again next week so they can compare them.

I have to ring and book my first appointment with a midwife tomorrow so i suppose i will just have to wait and see what happens.

They prob will just class me as 1-2 weeks.

Thanks again hun.

Amy xx

Last edited:
Ahh Im sorry for your loss too hun :( same day aswell :(

Im sure everything will be fine..Im now 9w1d had an early scan at the epu and they saw heartbeat at 6w3d but I still havent had any appointments with midwife or docs :( didnt want to tempt fate :( as last time I miscarried day after seeing my doc :( sounds crazy but Ive had two mcs now and couldnt bear this one to go same way :(

Ahhh you will have to keep me posted along the way hun :) xx

Thanks hun... Like i say it might not of been an mc but very likely...!

Congratuletions hun :D, I hope everything goes well for you this time, Keep me posted.

I shouldnt be that far behind you lol.

Amy xx

If the test said 1-2 weeks, isn't that meaning that the levels of your hormone put baby growth at 1-2 weeks from conception - I don't see how your cycle length would affect this? I don't think they can tell from one blood test how far along you are as different people can produce different levels so there's no set level per gestation? Gosh I'm no help at all, sorry!

Congratulations on your BFPs though girls, hope you both have happy and healthy 9 months :D

Last edited:
I think you need to have a scan to be able to tell how far along you are but I'm not very sure. I have irregular periods and when we went for my 12 week scan i was only 9. Congratulations on your pregnancies!

Hey there thanks for the replies.

The doctor said that if the test said 1-2 weeks they might not be able to class me as 3-4 weeks lilke they usually would as the reason why they say 3-4 weeks is because they work it from your last AF. If they did that with me i would be like 8 weeks gone lol. which is so not true.

cantstop..... I had a blood test yesterday and then im getting another one done next week just to check my levels, It wasnt too see how far gone i am lol. I was just curious as to wether they could get a good idea how far gone you are when doing bloods.

Thanks for all the help :D

Amy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back