Help with blood test results plzzzzz. (also posted in second tri.)

eldraW

Reaction score
Hope nobody minds but i didnt get any replys when i put this in tri 2 so thought i would put it in here too.

Hey all.

Just wonderin if anyone can help me. I had glucose tolerance blood tests and blood tests to see if i am anemic on friday. Well i got a voice message left on my phone to call the hospital so i did and they have told me that my glucose levels are slightly raised which means there at 5.8 and that i am anemic because my iron levels are 10.? Somethin, i cant remember the exact figure. They said i have to go to hosp on 25th as thats the soonest appointment they have to see a Diabetic nurse, a obstretician (sp) and a dietician. They said if they can get me in sooner they will ring me.
The hospital also told me that i now have to have a consultant aswell as my midwife.

Can anyone tell me thier results and tell me what will happen now. Does anybody know what my levels should be?

Any help would be greartly appreciated.

Amy xx

Don't know about the glucose but my blood showed iron level at 11.6 I think and they said it was low but to be expected at my stage but if it went lower than 11 then I would need to go on iron tablets

OK thanks for the reply hunni.

Well i know mine was 10. something but cant remember what it was exactly.
xx

Hey hun, my iron levels were 10 as well (normal is 12) and I've been put on iron tablets. I didn't have to see anybody else though, literally just gp prescribed the tablets. I thought they werent making any difference until I ran out the other day lol xx

Hi, it's a shame your midwife didn't explain more to you about it. Your glucose levels should be around 4.6mmols. Yours are only slightly raised so I doubt you have gestational diabetes, but they may want to discuss your diet with you in order to bring your sugar levels down. The normal range for iron in your blood is between 11-13, as your Hb is 10 they will start you on iron tablets just to help bring your iron levels back up again. If you need any more advice give me a shout :) xx

My fasting glucose result was 8.4 and after two hours was 15.3!! :shock: as said before, yours were only slightly elevated so diet and exercise should brings those down!

My iron level was 10.1 at 23 weeks and 10.3 at 28 weeks as Im anemic, and Im on Iron tablets :) hope this helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back