Lets talk about Birth :D

timsmom said:
Lets talk about men, or shopping, or sex, or clothes or gardening or music or cars anything but I'm not discussing birth absolutely no way, full stop , not you can't make me!! :wall: :eek:

awww :hug: :rotfl:

ok hun you can talk about any of those things. We'll send the Stork out to you to deliver your LO, Il see if he's free that day :wink:

xx

i'm with Team Denial here. I cant hear you la la laa!!! :shhh:

although i have found out where im living by the time i give birth- and thats loughborough. Anyone know anything about the hospital there? Not that im going to hospital of course tho :pray: cos mines just gonna pop out (lol)

Tillytots said:
timsmom said:
Lets talk about men, or shopping, or sex, or clothes or gardening or music or cars anything but I'm not discussing birth absolutely no way, full stop , not you can't make me!! :wall: :eek:

awww :hug: :rotfl:

ok hun you can talk about any of those things. We'll send the Stork out to you to deliver your LO, Il see if he's free that day :wink:

xx

Thanks but don't worry about the stork, he'll be busy, it's spring you know, We're in the throws of looking for a new house and I've told the estate agent we require, minimum three beds, garage, off road parking, large gooseberry bush in garden. So I'll be fine, no pain, no meds, no nasty midwives just a quick look under the gooseberry bush and we''ll be right. Good luck to the rest of you though!!

muppetmummy hubby buried my afterbirth in the garden :lol:

Nicola g said:
muppetmummy hubby buried my afterbirth in the garden :lol:

Thats a good idea! You could plant a tree or bush over it :D

I think if I did that though the cat would dig it up :lol:

My mum says when it's your second and you get the first contraction it all comes flooding back and you think 'oh b***ocks!'
Thanks Muppetmummy!!! hehe :roll:

I am planning the same as last time, midwife led unit in the birthing pool (love it) with no pain relief and just will power, BUT i refuse to let my labour be 26 hours this time........ :rotfl:

Not sure if it will be Hythe or Ashurst tho as Hythe is meant to be closing for the other to open the same month i'm due. I might have to ring first to see which one is open.

I'm not worried about the labour, its a bit late for that theres only 2 ways out now and i refuse to have a section. :shakehead:

This will be my 3rd birth and I am really looking forward to it!! I'm one of the few who actually enjoy labour!! :D

I will be in hospital, again, monitored throughout, again, sat down on the bed, again etc etc but I'm really REALLY looking forward to it!!

I'm a strep B mam so I HAVE to have a hospital birth and be fully monitored throughout, that's how our trust do it!! Though I don't mind as I have enjoyed each of my births so don't mind having it this way!!

I'm definately going for the midwife unit or the hospital. Midwife until 10 minutes away hopital about 30-40minutes away. I'm stickling with hospital if any sign of possible complications but midwife unit if baby is head down pointing the right way and all that. Referral rate from midwife unit is 20% (so quite high) so I would rather be at the hospital already if I know baby's gonna make things hard work for me. Other than that I like the idea of a birthing pool and staying active.

Not worried about labour any more as my mum gave me some great advice- she said 'yeah there's pain but it's there for a reason, to help push the baby out, so as long as you work with the pain and don't fight against it, you will make things a lot easier!' And this is coming from a woman who had 5 kids and no pain relief and who is the worlds biggest wimp! :clap: :D

This is my first so definately the hospital for me and i'm 100% opting for an epidural :D Having bubs at the Portland Hospital in London. I'm not too nervous about the birth, quite excited about experiencing giving birth actually and I can't wait to getting my normal body back and returning to my normal activities :) I am hoping that I won't need a cesarean as I really want a normal delivery and I have enough scars on my tummy from previous surgery.

im thinking that home birth is the way forward, but if i need to go to hospital then im going to try not to let that stress me out. I figure I do get stressed out when I don't know what's happening which I always find is the case in hospitals, they don't tell you anything!

Not worried about the mess, got several months to make sure I have enough old sheets, towels and whatnot to cover the carpets with and sod the neighbours. My only real worry is that I'll be moving house soon and until then I won't know who the community midwife is or how supportive they will be.

I am going to hospital for mine as I am very very anxious. I don't like hospitals particularly, but I feel easier knowing that there is medical assistance on hand if things get tricky.
I am going for hypnobirthing classes in a few weeks as I am planning to have as natural and mobile birth as I possibly can.

I'll be 37 and as this is my first I opted for hospital - I think having pain relief and help available will make me more relaxed and happy to go without it.

I'm doing one thing a bit odd though. I want my hubby AND my best friend there. I want people I know and love to outnumber strangers - also my friend is a really well respected nurse so I think it'll help me to be talked to like I have my own mind too. I figure this way they can support each other a little too which I reckon will keep the atmosphere calmer and happier. On top of all of that I think it'll be so cool as the kid grows up to hear different stories about when they were born. Oh and there are other reasons too, like having another person bond with the bub so there's always an aunty on hand later in life when Mum and Dad are driving teen bub nuts....

It's a bit like a doula, only a friend rather than a paid professional.

Hospital for me to :D
Although im not over keen on them (who is) i want the help there if i need it.
Im all for whatever pain relief i want too.

well everything i planned before my 12week scan has gone completely out of the window!

Im now leaving it up to what the midwifes and consultants think is best as they know more about multiple births complications etc etc

The olny thing i have put to them at the moment is that i do not want a c-section for the sake of it if the leading twin is head down and the majority of the pregnancy has gone ok then i want a natural birth as the thoguht of a c-section really really scares me and the thought of it makes me panic but i know of push came to shove and i needed one then iw ould have one!

Im also going to say to them i dont fancy being open for all to see i know il need 2 midwifes 2 peaditrition people, a anethisist and Matt but thats all who i really want in with me, i know its not everyday midwifes see a multiple birth but this is my time and im sure they will see one one day!!!!

Happybunny said:
I am going to hospital for mine as I am very very anxious. I don't like hospitals particularly, but I feel easier knowing that there is medical assistance on hand if things get tricky.
I am going for hypnobirthing classes in a few weeks as I am planning to have as natural and mobile birth as I possibly can.

Im going to have hypnobirthing classes too,. my Mum does them :D

Tillytots said:
Happybunny said:

Im going to have hypnobirthing classes too,. my Mum does them :D

that is soo cool! Has she had some good results from it?

im going to hossy too , would love a water birth but i think ill be too over weight by then even with the 2 stone i list in first tri . tbh im trying not to think about it , im sure i have a real low pain threshold and ive no idea what to expect ! least with a section ive had many surgeries so i wouldnt be afraid as such !

I can't wait for my second home birth!!! It turns out the my midwife now is the same one who delivered my first so I know how she will be with me which is fantastic!!! :dance:

im too posh to push as lisa&alex says so im having a section at 39 weeks. missing out on all the excitment of waiting for labour :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back