have you decided ?

wookie

Reaction score
...where you're going to give birth ?
The more I think about it,the less I fancy my chances in my local hospital...
I'm seeing my midwife next week for my 16 th appointment and I know she's very pro home births which to be honest isn't really for me...But what about a birthing centre ? Anyone tried or plans to have their baby there ? there are so many pro's and con's ! My nearest birthing centre is 45 minutes away where as the hospital is only 5 minutes away but it has a terrible reputation and all the reviews I read are awful.Also had friends having babies there and all confirmed that the after care is non existent ! ( one of girl I know even got caught MRSA :shock:! )
not very encouraging,hey ?:shakehead:

We're having baby in our local hospital. TBH i'd rather be where all the medical people are close at hand in case anything goes wrong. Plus our hospital is about 3 mins away and I feel really relaxed that I can labour at home for the majority of it and then go in to give birth when I need to rather than going in and getting sent home because the labours too early.

A home birth isn't for me either plus we have 4 flights of stairs in our house and 6 cats!! Not the most practical place to give birth! lol

I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine! Just have baby where you feel most comfortable :)

xxx

I didn't realise but my local hospital dosn't have a maternity bit only a birthing centre so if anything goes wrong I have to be taken by ambulance to the next town over (30 minutes). The weird thing is I live in a city albeit a small one so I was astonished that they don't have a maternity/labour ward.

I think I will just go to the hospital just in case even though a birthing centre sounds much nicer

im having my baby in hospital, there 3 near to me so atleast i get the choice of the 3, and iv chosen the one with the best reputation, plus i know alot of people who go there and its really nice =) i would deffinatly rather be in hospital when i give birth so i have all the people i need around me xx

I'll be carted to our local hospital 35 miles away in Inverness to the maternity unit under much protest of my DH who wants to drive me to the border as soon as the contractions start so the baby is born in England and isn't bothered even if it is in the moors! lol x

We're having baby in our local hospital. TBH i'd rather be where all the medical people are close at hand in case anything goes wrong. Plus our hospital is about 3 mins away and I feel really relaxed that I can labour at home for the majority of it and then go in to give birth when I need to rather than going in and getting sent home because the labours too early.

A home birth isn't for me either plus we have 4 flights of stairs in our house and 6 cats!! Not the most practical place to give birth! lol

I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine! Just have baby where you feel most comfortable :)

xxx

is your house a mansion lol

I thought I had decided...I've got the choice of 2 hospitals and was set on one. I want a water birth and the one I have picked has 2 pools but I worried that the pools won't be available when I get there so want a home birth - but I don't want a home birth as it's my 1st baby and I don't know what to expect! I'll have a hospital tour soon so hopefully I'll get to ask how often the pools are used.

I'll be carted to our local hospital 35 miles away in Inverness to the maternity unit under much protest of my DH who wants to drive me to the border as soon as the contractions start so the baby is born in England and isn't bothered even if it is in the moors! lol x

This has made me rotflol!!! Heh, men, eh!

I'm proud my second baby will be 'welsh' - I was born in the Herts hospital (old one that was knocked down) and my OH was born in Romford - we're not welsh but the baby will be, by birth, like his or her half brother.

Have just let my OH read this and he's with your OH and says we'll be driving over the Severn Bridge when mine start! The cheek, lol.

I'll be at the midwife led centre within the Cardiff hospital, which is 5 mins from my house. Luckily. Giving how early and quick my first labour was!

I'm going to give birth in the midwife unit which is within the maternity hospital. But seeing the midwife in 3 weeks and she said we can discuss what I want re labour then. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My hospital was determined for me by our doctor, but thankfully it's one of the best in the area, and only about 2 blocks away from my house to boot! My sisters both had all of their children at this hospital also, so it's kind of a family tradition for us now :)

This has made me rotflol!!! Heh, men, eh!

I'm proud my second baby will be 'welsh' - I was born in the Herts hospital (old one that was knocked down) and my OH was born in Romford - we're not welsh but the baby will be, by birth, like his or her half brother.

Have just let my OH read this and he's with your OH and says we'll be driving over the Severn Bridge when mine start! The cheek, lol.

I'll be at the midwife led centre within the Cardiff hospital, which is 5 mins from my house. Luckily. Giving how early and quick my first labour was!

My husband and my dad are both from Yorkshire and we live in Hampshire and they both think we should drive to Yorkshire to give birth - errr no! The local hospital at Winchester it is for me thank you!

Im hoping to go for the birthing centre as its only about 10 mins from us. Whereas the hospital is a 40 minute drive which is hard to do when we have no car. But it just depends on baby, I was meant to be going to the birthing centre for my son but as i went 2 weeks over had to go hospital :(.. Our birthing centre is amazing though, it has private rooms with on suites, birthing pools music headsets , birthing balls etc :D Hopefully Ill make it there this time :D

Im having a home birth hopefully and hiring a birthing pool I hate hospitals they scare me so id rather be at home with my husband and the kids where I feel comfortable x

I'm going to the hospital BUT i'm planning on staying at home to the very very very last minute as I hate hospitals so much. I don't even like going there for my scan.

Will be the local hospital for me, my Mum had my little brother there and my friend had her little girl there and both said they were great :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back