Lets have a bit of light relief

BecaM

Reaction score
Ok ladies. So ttc is stressful, and there are always people with "advice" on how to "do it right". So, with that in mind.... What is the weirdest old wives tale you've ever heard? Whether it's doing the BD in certain positions or eating certain things to guarantee twins. Let's hear them!

My husband 'found out' if I am on top we will have a girl..... Not saying he made it up or anything but ummmm I am dubious as to the validity of that claim!

My OH thought that having sex with a woman any time in her cycle results in pregnancy, bless him, 15 months of trying he now knows this is far from the truth lol. xx

Hahahaha. I heard if you ate lots of red meat you'd have a boy lol

My OH thought that having sex with a woman any time in her cycle results in pregnancy, bless him, 15 months of trying he now knows this is far from the truth lol. xx

I think a lot of people probably think that before they look into it!!

My friend's husband thought that too! He also thought you could get a positive pregnancy test the day after sex! She refused to waste a test just to prove him wrong though! He thought he'd 'done so well' she must be pregnant, as if!

My friend's husband thought that too! He also thought you could get a positive pregnancy test the day after sex! She refused to waste a test just to prove him wrong though! He thought he'd 'done so well' she must be pregnant, as if!

:rofl:
Oh that has made me smile, thanks I needed that.

On another forum someone said to conceive a girl you shouldn't orgasm.....

That might be because the male sperms tend to be faster and the females stronger apparently so an orgasm can help the sperms along but the female ones will be more dogged and get there without any help when the males have got tired and given up!

Where I used to work, there was this desk that over time, 4 women in a row got pregnant when they sat there. Not all at once lol. Lady 1 sat there, got pregnant & went on Mat leave. Then lady 2 (who was lady 1's temp replacement) sat there and got pregnant. Lady 2 then moved desks due to a team restructure, and lady 3 got moved there - who then got pregnant.

Coincidence, I hear you say? Well my boss had been ttc for around 18 months when lady 3 went on mat leave so as a joke, she sat there for a few days. 2 weeks later, she told me that she had found out that she was pregnant! A guy then sat there and I got a new job (although I'm told that the same guy still sits there and thankfully hasn't got a bfp yet! Lol)

Spooky, no?

Xx

Haha! We had a pregnancy chair too! I should have nabbed it!

On another forum someone said to conceive a girl you shouldn't orgasm.....

I definitely orgasmed and got a girl.
I've read better chances are when you do because they get sucked up. Also man on top as he can go deep

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back