introducing myself...

ams25

Reaction score
Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining in! I have been lurking around for a few days and have learned so much already and you all seem lovely :D

I'm 24, well 25 next month and been married to my lovely hubby for a year and a half :) I've been a total miss broody pants ever since our wedding but there has always been something to stop us TTC, I was doing a postgrad course at uni and then started a new job this summer just gone so we had to be sensible. Anyway we have finally decided to just go for it so I came off my pill on 27th november WOOo yay! Its so nice to finally be able to TTC after wanting so badly to try for so long :) even though its only our 1st/2nd month, it feels like longer when you've wanted it for so long already :)

We were just going to NTNP for a while and use withdrawal method until at least april, with me not having been in my job very long . But in my first 2 and a half weeks off the pill we only managed the, er, withdrawal part once! We realised that we want a baba even more than we had thought (and that was a LOT) so we are properly TTC now, decided life is too short for messing around and putting work first!

My AF arrived on 15th dec and I was gutted! Did not really think for a moment that it would happen so quickly (I have done enough reading about TTC during my not-trying-but-really-want-to months that I know it can take years for some people)... but still felt so disappointed and crap :( especially since it was accompanied by yet another facebook pregnancy announcement from someone I know, grr! You spend so long being told as a teenager that one slip-up and you will get up the duff IMMEDIATELY haha, so the first month you have unprotected sex all month and nothing happens is really hard to get your head around! Lol.

But never mind, onwards and upwards! I was planning to just let nature take its course and not try OPK's etc, but already that has gone out of the window and yesterday I ordered 100 opk's, 15 preg tests, 3 bottles of evening primrose oil and a bottle of grapefruit juice which I've heard is good for fertility (which by the way is minging! I want a baby so much but even I don't know if I can drink that stuff haha!). I've ordered the opk's online so they'll probs arrive too late for this cycle, but looking forward to trying them. I'm a bit worried after being on the pill 6 years whether it will take me ages to get back into a regular cycle... The AF I've just had only lasted 2 days which is really unusual for me (usually 5 days) so I'm not even sure whether to count it as a proper one? Plus I had long cycles before going on the pill so a bit worried about that too. So we shall see what happens!

Anyway, sorry for such a long and rambling post! Looking forward to meeting other people ttc too! Xx

Last edited:
hellos and welcome chick!!

hope you get your :bfp: real soon!!

x x

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum, sounds like you are well equiped for the TTC journey, loads of luck and hope you get your BFP soon xxx :)

Last edited:
Hey ams, welcome to the forum :) I'm pretty new and everyone here is seriously lovely. You sound incredibly well prepared so I wish you the best of luck and hope you don't have to wait too long for your BFP :dust:
xx

hey welcme to the forum. hope you get ur bfp really soon and until then enjoy all the trying ;)

xxx

Welcome!! :) You made me laugh with all your purchases!! It's definately the way to go - makes you feel more pro-active... I've been taking my temperature too, which may be worth trying for you... Quite a few girls here have issues after coming off the pill, so I guess you'll have to wait and see what happens, but check out their posts as I don't have experience of that myself.... Some things I've found helpful are using Fertility Friend for charting and info and watching The Great Sperm Race on Channel 4.com. This forum has been a great support to me too. Also, have you tried pink grapefruit juice - it's slightly sweeter so you might prefer it??? Anyway, good luck and fx for a BFP very soon.... xx

Hi, welcum to the forum you are most defo prepared lol!! Fx for a bfp for you really soon.

Michelle. x

Welcome! I'm quite new here but been trying for 6 months! It's so stange, we spend our whole lives trying not to get pregnant, then when we do it's the hardest thing to do! good luck for ttc! If there's any advice I could give it wld be the importance of havingbsex before you ovulate, alot of ppl get stuck on having sex the day they ovulate, sometimes that can be too late! Xxxxx

Good luck. Just wanted to say I was in the pill for 11 years and got pregnant on our second month of ttc so it can happen quickly x

Thankyou all for the lovely welcome! :) I will definitely follow all those tips, thanks girls. I don't know about being well-prepared lol, I've ordered all the OPK stuff but don't have a clue how to actually use it yet, but I'm sure I will find some good advice reading back through some of the previous posts.

Feeling quite positive today! Its funny how different times in your cycle really affect your mood isn't it? I was so fuming last week when AF turned up, especially when I was thinking last week would have been my most fertile time, how rude! Felt really down all thursday and friday. But this week I am much happier because I feel like I have made my peace with last month, and am back in the game for next month now! BD last night which always helps too, even though I think it is far too early for OV this month but at least we enjoyed it haha! X

Welcome hun!

I love this place, all the ladies are super fab!

Looking forward to lots of 2012 BFP's :)

xxxxxx

Ohh as if my OPK's have all just arrived through my letterbox LITERALLY 5 secconds after I had been for a wee! I really want to try one but have got to go back to work in 20 minutes and I don't need a wee anymore haha. How annoying! X

Just wanted to say hello! I am also quite new, been waiting to try for a few months and now I am officially trying. I loved your bit about buying stuff, I was totally trying to go for the laid back approach but then bought a book "Taking Charge of your fertility", started charting my temps, buying opk's and pregnancy tests and googling everything I possibly could lol! :) Good Luck and hope you get your BFP really soon xx

Hi princess79 :) I'm glad its not just me lol! Its amazing how quick us ladies can change our minds isn't it! I really thought I wanted to do the whole laid-back thing, but the minute my first AF since ttc arrived I realised that actually I want to know I am doing everything possible to make it happen! I feel so much more in control of the whole thing already this month compared with last. If I am still trying in 6 months a year 2 years or more, at least I will know that we've been doing our best and doing all the right things so its not through lack of trying :)

I've heard a few people mention that book now, that may be my next purchase!

Good luck for your bfp very soon hun! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back