Let us in on the secret!

Julia

Reaction score
Dear 1st Trimesters

First of all, congratulations on your good news.
I had a miscarriage in March so I know we can do it BUT it has not happened yet...please could you tell us what you did differently this time to conceive! We are using ov sticks and also the passionate routine of placing pillows and cushions under my bum etc... Could you tell us (i know it is personal) when you bed - was it everyday or every other, does it help or hinder to orgasm? Morning or night? Whenever it comes round to ovulation we are not sure if we are doing right or wrong. Any hints and tips - you are now the experts!

sorry i cant hellp you as i was on the pill and didn't want a baby until i finished uni lol but good luck to you and let us know if you succeed.

take care

My main tip is to buy the "taking charge of your fertility" book mentioned in the TTC section.

I gave up the pill a year ago and used this book as a method of natural birth control for a year.

It teaches you everything you need to know about your body and is so much better than ovulation sticks.

A lot of people do still think that you have sex after your temperature goes up or just after you ovulate but at this point it is usually too late.

You have to have sex before this happens. An egg only lasts a few hours once it is released but sperm can live for up to five days, so you have to have the sperm inside your body before the egg comes out.

As you approach ovulation your body becomes more and more fertile, you start producing creamy fluid from your cervix and the cervix moves to a high up open position. this creamy fluid is what the sperm swim through to get to your egg.

If you would rather not read the book, my advice to you would be to wait four days after your period and then have sex every other day for about ten days. It is best not to do it every single day, just in case your man has a low sperm count. Doing it every other day will make the quality of it higher.

To cut a long story short, I conceived on my honeymoon in may, first time, using that book to tell me what the right time was. :D :D :D

Hope this helps somebody. The book is an absolute bible, and I doubt I will ever go back on the pill again now that I know how my body works.

Best of luck

Oh and it helps to orgasm as well, as it makes your 'downstairs fluids' more alkaline which is a better environment for sperm to survive as they dont like acidity conditions.

Thanks all - I think I will get hold of that book. It sounds really interesting.
Once again, thanks alot. I will hopefully get a BFP soon with the advise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back