any advice (on breaking the news)

valleygirl24

Reaction score
We are going down to Ians parents tomorrow to tell them our news, but had decided to make it special. We have bought two cards (one for each of them) and was going to put the news in them so we could watch their faces as they read them. Now we have a problem, we dont know what to write in them. They are plain congratulations card (me to you bear holding champagne bottle) with congratulations written inside.

Any ideas?

maybe address is

dear grandma/grandpa

and include a picture of the positive pregnancy test??

:think: i dunno

good luck and congratulations :D

what about dear grandma/pa - can't wait to meet you next Feb. or something like that - watch the confusion then realisation on their faces!

As it's Father's day on Sunday you could use that idea in the Grandpa-to-be's card

Thanks for the suggestions, we have gone for the 'cant wait to meet you in february'.
hopefully it will bring a great reaction

its always a hassle deciding what's going on at Xmas so a few weeks back I rang my Mum and said "Have you thought about Xmas yet? What do you want to do" and she was a bit confused saying "its a bit early isn't it???"

I then said "I know what I'm doing - I'm having a baby!"

I think your idea's great. I'm sure the grandparents to be will be over the moon. My husbands Dad said to him "I'm going to be a grandad" ...arhhhh

satch said:
its always a hassle deciding what's going on at Xmas so a few weeks back I rang my Mum and said "Have you thought about Xmas yet? What do you want to do" and she was a bit confused saying "its a bit early isn't it???"

I then said "I know what I'm doing - I'm having a baby!"

I think your idea's great. I'm sure the grandparents to be will be over the moon. My husbands Dad said to him "I'm going to be a grandad" ...arhhhh

Don't leave us in the lurch like that! What did she say?????????

Oh Satch that's lovely, what a good way to tell them. I was really upset when I told my in laws. We had booked a holiday with them for the beginning of December, anyway cos the baby is due 3 weeks after we return we had to cancel, so I phoned them and said I have some good news and some bad news, the bad news is we have to cancel our holiday and the good news is because we're having a baby! She just said "Oh", she then shouted to her husband they can't come on holiday cos she's pregnant, I was so disappointed by their reaction! When we told them about me being pregnant with our daughter they were over the moon, but this time there was real disappointment in their voices! I was gutted. They seem to have come round now, but I won't ever forget their first reaction. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back