Let Down

lucylou

Reaction score
Can anyone describe to me what it's supposed to feel like when you get the 'let down' when breastfeeding?

I'm not sure if i'm getting it ot not!

I don't feel it when it happens when she's breast feeding (sometimes I feel it in the breast she's not feeding on), but I do feel it when it happens when she's not on the breast, like when I think about feeding or sometimes it can just happen anytime (like if I'm stood in the kitchen).

For me it's like a tingling stinging sensation, quite painful, for about 10 seconds.

Hi, I only feel it when Im breastfeeding Jack. Whichever boob he is not feeding on starts leaking and I get a tingly, stinging sensation. Sometimes its quite uncomfortable!

yes I get a very tingly feeling, right on the nipple/s

I get a strong tingly feeling, and it really hurts at times. I get it when she cries or I think of her (especially if I haven't fed her in a while) as well as when she is feeding from me.

I'm getting it now!! I didn't realise what it was til I read this!!

Kim said:
I'm getting it now!! I didn't realise what it was til I read this!!

Hahahaha!

I can get it just by thinking about Brody or looking at him too.

At the moment I am feeding Rubie expressed milk from a bottle and it's making my boobs kill just listening to her drinking lol

How are you getting on with your feeding Kim? It feels like we've been having a similar situation on the breast feeding front (along with everything else in the past!)

I have to admit I have given her formula yesterday just to ive myself a break. I was a bit sore and emotionally drained. I was getting myself all upset about it and felt resentful that I was tied to her. So I gave her formula last night and plan to tonight for the last feed before bed. I am also expressing and bottle feeding her so I know how much she is getting as she seemed to be sucking at me for hours and I was getting nothing done. She never seemed satisfied and was crying a lot for food (greedy piggy) so now I can control what she is getting we are all happier. And my milk seems to have doubled since I stopped breast feeding and started expressing!!

Hows it going for you Rosieroo??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back