Less than a year between pregnancies?

They say there is only a 2% chance of getting pregnant in the 1st 6 months if you are exclusively BFing, baby night feeds and your period didn't come back yet. But I guess that still means one in 50 women can get pregnant.

I didn't think we'd be seriously TTC for quite a few month because of BFing but it looks like I may have just had a period:shock:. MW thinks thats what it is because I had stopped bleeding for 4 weeks already. Soo if that what it was a really small gap might actually be an option.

Not sure if my mum had a period, but I was 5 months old so she's one of those 50 :) xx

There will be 13 months between my 2. We decided we wanted small age gaps as OH and all his siblings were multiple births so every one of them had someone the same age to play with and they loved it, whereas I waited around for 9 years as an only child and hated it. We decided while we know our fertilty is good and everythings been in working order recently to go for it. We're both still in our 20s but thought if we waited and then something happened to stop us we'd be gutted.
I'm nervous bout how hard its gonna be for a few years but so so excited!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9380 using Tapatalk

Do doctors have anything to say about having them so close? Do they consider your pregnancy higher risk because of it?

I've been put down as low risk again in my notes. Dr didn't say anything and the midwife just said well I knew I'd see you again just didn't expect it to be this soon lol. No one has said they advise against it or anything bad. I had a pretty straight forward pregnancy and relatively easy birth though. I don't think I'd have considered it after a c section or complications x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back