How long between pregnancies?

mummy2be

Reaction score
My little girl is almost 6 months old. DH and i have decided that we would like to have another fairly soon. I have been looking on the internet for info but have found lots of negative stories about pregnancies too close together. Findings suggest risk of premature birth, low birth weight even neonatal death!?
It seems to suggest waiting 18 months between. We don't want to wait that long - what have other mums done?

We have over 5 years between baby 1 and 2 and my 2nd pregnancy was awful. We have 13 months between baby 2 and 3 and I sailed through the pregnancy. I know its not always the case but it was fine for me. He was 5 days over due weighing 9lb 5oz, the heaviest of the 3 with a good labour and birth :D

My little boys 6 weeks old, and we are thinking about another lol :wall:
But then again Im 40 yrs old next !! :oops:

I thought medically they advised for a 9-12 month break to let your body recover, what have you been reading ??

Whatever it is it sounds nasty stuff

Good Luck whatever you choose :hug:

there are quite a few ladies on here with babies very close in age who are fine and healthy. sarah113 has 4 children each a year apart and another one on the way she might be the best one to ask! its not for me tho i aint no supermum lol im waiting til melissa is at least 3 or 4! good luck with ttc!

There are risks with ANY pregnancy, as their are with ANY mother, we are all different, all pregnancy's are different, and all babies are different. It's wise to do research but its wiser to know when you FEEL ready to have another baby. If you need to ask if you're ready, maybe you're not ready? Hopefully the responses on here will help confirm for you if you are or not, and very best wishes :hug:

trixipaws said:
there are quite a few ladies on here with babies very close in age who are fine and healthy. sarah113 has 4 children each a year apart and another one on the way she might be the best one to ask! its not for me tho i aint no supermum lol im waiting til melissa is at least 3 or 4! good luck with ttc!

Hon, Sarah sadly lost :(

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ht=#764647

I agree with RS, if you're questioning it now might not be the right time. I do think there's a period quite soon after baby is born where we all want to do it again. It's like a yearning for excitement after it all settles down.

But lots of people here have had successful pregnancies close together, if it's what you really want go for it. That stuff you've been reading sounds horrible :?

I think we'll TTC next year, so 2 5-3 year gap for us, which is shorter than I said once upon a time.

Minxy said:
trixipaws said:

Hon, Sarah sadly lost :(

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ht=#764647

Thankyou for the link Minxy, I did wonder where sarah was, I don't go in that board so can now send my best wishes, thanks for the link, sorry to go off topic :hug:

Thanks for your advice. I feel ready - i just want to be sure that i'm ready medically. I had such a great pregnancy and birth with our little girl and hope to have the same next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back