Left side

chezzabell

Reaction score
OK

Last night in bed while im was tossing and turning trying to get comfy i got thinking about something i have either read in a book, internet or just totally made it up in my head!!!

Was just wondering if anyone else has come across the fact that it is better for the baby if u sleep on ur left side? and if u have can u tell me why its better to sleep on the left side?

Im sure i have read it somewhere.

This is true Sophe.

Because our heart is on the left side, the blood pumps to the placenta better when we are lying on this side.

I try to lay on my left side but do wriggle throughout the night and sometimes end up on my right side or back but generally I sleep on the left as much as I can.

Hope this help :D

The midwife recommended sleeping on your side and preferebly left side in helping the baby get into the correct position. Problem is I sleep on the right hand side of the bed and I am more likely to disturb DH if I am sleeping on my left with snoring. :(

Thanks girls at least i know i wasnt just making it up in my head and im not going mental :rotfl:

i sleep on my right side and baby is in perfect position... head down side on... (definately not back to back..) i find the right side comfortable... probably because DH sleeps on my left and i don't like him breathing in my face or me breathing in his...
x

TBH atm i just sleep on what ever side i can get comfy, i think if u listened to every wife's tale u would never eat drink or leave the house!

My mw just told me to find a position that I am comfy in and stick to it. She said the left side thing makes hardly any difference anyway! I fall sleep on my right side hugging my body pillow, then wake up on my back when I'm struggling to breath and my hands have gone completely numb!!!! :rotfl:

I have to keep changing sides, as I wake up to a painful hip which ever side I am lying on. I then have to change sides so it isn't so painful. By morning, I need to get up as they are sore both sides.

i always sleep on my left side becasue its better for circulation all round! :D

Also in labour its far better to lay on your left side as it encourages baby to get into a better position and helps your cervix thin.

I cant sleep on my left side. Thea doesn't like it and kicks the crap out of me. Actually she doesn't seem to much like me sleeping on my back or my right side either lol

my little bean kicks if i sleep on my right side :rotfl:

Funny little bunnies eh.

I swap sides cos after a while my sides hurt so i have to change sides all the time

I just cant sleep.

I can grab a few hours on the couch but I think thats because when im curled up on the couch I cant really move much so im on my left hand side.

I find the left hand side to be the comfiest but its not my preference.

ive alwaYS alept on my side, and my left side too :D

I can't balance on my left side for some reason! I fall asleep on my right side and wake up on my stomache being kicked! My midwife said my Lo is breech and she probably moved so she wouldn't feel so squashed! I wondered why all my kicks are suddenly all below but now I feel guilty because I've been poking her in the head trying to get her to kick like she used to!

think i will start sleeping on my left side now, but sleeping is so hard with a party goin on in ur belly in general!! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back