Latent/early/first stage of labour

fuffins1981

Reaction score
Hi ladies

On mon, my consultant checked me and said I am 1.5 cm dilated and my cervix is 'favourable'

Yesterday, his reg his senior doc says it is 1-2cm (the same I an guessing :rotfl: ) and still a little thick.

The doc says I am in the latent/early phase of labour.

I have an appointment to see my consultant monday. He will check me over then book a day next week for my induction. I would prefer not to be induced.

Is there anyway off speeding up this phase of labour? (TMI alert) I am losing plug everyday :puke: The doc says I am contracting....Just not reglau rnough now. I will contarct every few mins for hours on end and then they die or a few and becomes niggly pains.

Come on ladies....what should he Fuffmeister do?? :lol:

I was the same. I had my sweep, was already dilated, but was booked for induction for the following week. Although they did say they'd just break my waters. I went into labour the day before. I walked everywhere! I just sat and begged her to get out. In the end i had a chinese. I knew baby didn't agree with it and i had a dodgy stomach that night. Half and hour after my secnod trip to the loo my contractions started, at 3 mins apart!

I ate a hot carribean curry last night and y tummy is well dodgy this morning. Hoope it sets me off too :rotfl:

castor oil, clary sage & evening primrose might be worth a try? lots of bouncing on a ball, driving over speed bumps and long walks too!

good luck :hug: :hug:

purple13 said:
castor oil, clary sage & evening primrose might be worth a try? lots of bouncing on a ball, driving over speed bumps and long walks too!

good luck :hug: :hug:

I have heard of evening primrose directly in the fangita, swallowed or the oil rubbed into the abdo. Which way do you recommend? :)

I would love that Midna. But bubs is massive, wont engage. Polyhydromnias is also helping it escape enganging...I am in pain lots. I am worried that induction will end in c section, as they are thinking of going for the waters....which will give me 24 hrs. So, I would just like to know how I can get the orocess progressing before I see my consultant monday. Not trying to induce labour....Just speed it up lol

My MW told me to go hike up the hill behind our house :lol: I kid you not, we live on a farm and its a steep bloody hill :shock: But I did it.

5 hours later my pre labour niggles and contractions turned into labour proper. I'd had 2 days of them so when labour proper started I was relieved. Actual offcial labour time was about 11 hours (they don't count the pre labour stuff before it gets established alas otherwise mine would have been an epic 57 hours or so :lol: )

Clary sage oil brings on contractions. Massage in with some sunflower oil or olive oil. I had a massage with it when my contractions stopped during labour itself and blimey didn't it kick start them. Big time. I'd be careful if you decide to use it as it seemed like strong stuff. Massaged into lower back and bump.

Avoid castor oil. Nasty stuff and basically poisoning yourself.

Took a long walk....well aslong as me with my spd on crutchesw could take lol....After having some evening primrose oil capsules.

TMI: pains started getting worse. Felt damp. Went to the loo. Each time I wiped it was slimey and has blood in it...Not as thick as the plug I have been losing, but not as watery as wee :puke: Pains are coming regular. Not toopainful, just very uncomfortable. Fingers crossed :pray:

I had a long latent phase and contractions that were very irregular. I found walking up and down the stairs helped to bring them on more

muppetmummy said:
I had a long latent phase and contractions that were very irregular. I found walking up and down the stairs helped to bring them on more

Ooo yes, this but going up and down sideways to help open your pelvis. MW had me doing this during labour.

u could try giving urself a sweep? my friend did that she looked it up on the internet- she followed the instructions and got herself into labour! :shock:

My aunt got into a sort of squatting position and rocked back and forth! Next morning she was in labour! (she wasnt actually in slow labour or anything so may work faster for you!) she said it helped the head engage!
Good luck!! :hug:

Hi ladies

Thank you so much for all the responses :hug:

Went into triage friday evening and was having reg contractions, but cervix was not moving on.

So they sent me home and said to come back later.

Came back after 3 hours. But now contractions were measuring huge and had only got to a defo 2 cm :shock: :rotfl:

So, they put me on a ward. Was checked in the middle of the night and was still contracting reg.

By morning they started dying.

By late afternoon they had gone and cervix was still only 2 cm :(

Doc said I could stay there or go home. I decided to come home. I have also decided not to go for te induction this week and give myself until 40 weeks for my body to go naturally.

So, I am gonna walk up and down the stairs in my block today and see if I can get things going. While i was in pain did a lot of rocking standing up and on my hands and knees. MW said baby's head is now well down, but is back to back :( My labour with my son was back to back. MW said back to back wont be helpful in making things progress. But they think I mhave made the right decision about the induction. Just have to tell my consultant tomorrow now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back