How long v.early stage of labour please?

KJ

Reaction score
Hi all,

my friend is 3 days overdue and since yesterday morning has been having random, strong period pains sometimes accompanied by tightenings.

I'm pretty sure this is the start of her labour but am wondering how long this phase tends to last? Her partner currently has chickenpox and won't be allowed to be with her until he is no longer infectious, so we're hoping she'll last a bit longer.

Do you think there's any chance she could last a few more days?

K.xx

i think it depends on how much stress is being put on the baby, if there both fine she maybe able to carry on! My friend was in labour for 3 days then they decided to induce her because she would of been to tired to cope with the whole labour x

i had these pains from friday afternoon on 8th june, (apparently "effacing pains") they turned into proper contractions very late saturday nite, and i gave birth on sunday afternoon 10th june :)

thanks for the replies everyone.

She is still going, same pains but nothing further yet. So a few more days and he'll no longer be infectious and can be at the birth!!

K.xx

KJ said:
Hi all,

my friend is 3 days overdue and since yesterday morning has been having random, strong period pains sometimes accompanied by tightenings.

I'm pretty sure this is the start of her labour but am wondering how long this phase tends to last? Her partner currently has chickenpox and won't be allowed to be with her until he is no longer infectious, so we're hoping she'll last a bit longer.

Do you think there's any chance she could last a few more days?

K.xx

its hard to say. i hope she holds on long enough for her husband to be there for the birth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back