Late miscarriage

PrincessPeanut

Reaction score
Has anyone else here had a late miscarriage?

I am one week on. I was 14+3 and I'm still an emotional wreck. The bleeding is beginning to lighten up but with that I now have the joys of milk coming, painful and leaking just to serve as another reminder.

Does it get any easier or will I just cry every day for the foreseeable future?!

I am eager to get back post mortem results but I don't think this will help any in the healing process. It took us 4 years to conceive this baby, I'm scared it will take another 4 years.

PP xXx

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have no words of wisdom but just wanted to say you're in my thoughts. Can't imagine how hard it must be for you - especially after trying for so long. Be kind to yourself xx

Oh my! I can't give you any advice either as both mine have been early but huge hugs to you, can't imagine the heartbreak you're feeling right now xx

I'm so so sorry for your loss :(

I had a m/c at 14 weeks 4 years ago. It does get easier I promise. Although I do think of it everyday but it doesn't feel as raw as it did at the beginning. I have found it a lot harder than my other losses just because of the whole physical side being emotionally harder if that makes sense.The milk stuff lasted a few days for me then went. I started feeling a bit better after all my physical symptoms had gone etc it made it a little easier. Be kind on yourself and allow yourself as much time as you need to grieve . Xxxxx

I am so sorry for your loss xxxxx sending hugs to you and your partner xxxxx

So sorry for your loss princess pea.

I had an early mc so cant offer any good advice.

xxxx

I am so sorry, take some time for you, it's important to grieve xxx

I'm really sorry for your loss honey.

I had a loss at 12 & half weeks as well as taking a long time to conceive and I don't think it's something that you come to terms with quickly at all.

If I had any advice it would be to stay away from social media as that made me feel worse.

Also, people sometimes try to say things to make you feel better (e.g. "at least you know you can get pregnant") but they can often have the opposite effect.

My heartfelt condolences to you & your partner xxx

So sorry for your loss. I lost a baby at 15 weeks and was by far my worse loss. Emotionally and physically it was harder. But it does get easier. I found a little memory book helped it. It has his name and birthday on it and all my scan pics and poems ect inside. I have it inside my wardrobe all tied closed with a ribbon. I won't lie it wasn't easy and quick but that raw pain doesn't last forever xxx

I am so so sorry PP. Life can be so cruel.
I had an early missed miscarriage and I found that incredibly traumatic. All I can say is take care of yourself. Thinking of you xxxx

PP once again cant say how sad this makes me still , I had a Mc at 13 weeks, but baby died around 10 weeks and it played on my mind for a long time , I still think about what I saw and felt to this day ... It does get easier but it will never go away .

Hopefully your body will start to settle , have you thought about some sort of counselling? I believe a lot of my anxiety stemmed from never talking through how I felt etc , I went on to have 6 more miscarriages after .

Rest plenty , love yourself lots and take comfort in your family xxx

Thank you for all your kind words. I seem to be doing the emotional crying at every opportunity and my husband is dealing with it in the complete opposite way, pretending everything is normal and moving on like nothing has happened.
I spoke to him a couple of days ago and explained how lonely I felt not being able to talk with him about it and we've since managed a few brief conversations about it.
We've both agreed that we'd like to start trying straight away. I don't think I could emotionally cope getting to my due date in March and not being pregnant again. It's been the focus of our lives for 4 years and to not keep TTC now seems like it's wasting precious time.

So sorry for your loss. I lost a baby at 15 weeks and was by far my worse loss. Emotionally and physically it was harder. But it does get easier. I found a little memory book helped it. It has his name and birthday on it and all my scan pics and poems ect inside. I have it inside my wardrobe all tied closed with a ribbon. I won't lie it wasn't easy and quick but that raw pain doesn't last forever xxx

Lilmisshopeful... I feel like this is something I'm going to do in the next couple of weeks when I feel like I can do it. It will be something little for me to keep and I already feel like it will help me a lot, just thinking about it.

Thank you

PP xXx

Hi there I had a late miscarriage at 17 weeks. The milk shouldn't last longer than a week, and it does get easier. Its been just over 4 months for me, you never forget but you do learn to move on. My due date is next month and you find yourself thinking again but I've distracted myself with starting the gym, keeping busy with work and hopefully looking to start trying again. If you ever need anyone to talk to please do message. Send a lot of love your way as I know how hard it can be

xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back