Trying after miscarriage

dani_2010

Reaction score
I had a miscarriage on 30th Jan and have been told that I could start trying immediately. I'm scared though cos i don't want to get pregnant and have another miscarriage. I know I'll never know unless I do it but it's so daunting. Have any of you been in the same position?

yup....
we didn't use any protection (as I thought I would always think what if) between the MC and first AF, and tbh I wish we had, my head was in bits, I'm so glad we didn't fall on immediately cos I have struggled enough with this one,and that is with counselling and everything else.

I was having a shitty time before we fell on with Archie anyway, so I was already all over the place. However saying that I do know others that have fallen on before their first AF and have done ok. I think it is always going to be a worry and the thing that has kpt me going through this pregnancy is (along with these ladies) setting myself small milestones...

I have been on constant knicker watch and any 'different' aches and pains have sent me into a dithering idiot, in this respect u just have to use and find the best support around u, this may be ur GP or MW (although I have just changed my care completely to get the support that I need...)

Good luck hun :hug: & :dust: (and I'm still here :D so it will happen for u x)

i know it sounds silly, but I feel a bit like I'm forgetting the other pregnancy (I know it wasn't a real baby but it would have been) and moving on to the next. I feel a bit guilty. My hubby is being so lovely though bless him!

Good luck to you Rowesb!! We all get there in the end i'm sure! :dance:

You'll never forget your pregnancy Hun and nobody would ever think that. :dust: and massive :hug:

As MrsH says, everyday I think of the LO we lost, but also everyday it get a tiny tiny bit easier... again, I found it easier to mark the hurdles we got too.

As u will see from my signiture I finally lost at 11+6, and it wasn't easy until after we had passed that mark... but with baby steps and support we got there, some days DH was worse than me I guess cos he had nothing to feel, where as I was the one feeling pregnant iykwim...

:hug: :hug:

Hi honey, I had 4 mc's in my previous relationships, the last one was the worst and afterwards I was in bits, then my marriage failed and it was a really bad time. Things got easier with time, i moved home after 8 years living in the north east, met a wonderful man and things were going great. I'd been told my doctors i was very unlikely to fall pregnant naturally and had needed fertility treatment with my ex for prev pregnancys.

However out of the blue in october, 2 years since my last mc i found out i was pregnant. I was terrified, so scared of going through it all again. I've been a hormonal mess, but as the time has progressed its got easier. Like Rowesb I was knicker watcher early on, aches and pains have had me in a mess, but i'm 20 weeks now and can feel my baby move.

I'm sorry for your loss and want to tell you it gets easier, the ladies on this forum are brilliant for days when your having a wobble. If you feel ready give it go, but if you don't wait a couple of months and see how you get on. Hope you feel ok and i'm pleased your oh is very supportive, it really helps x

I had a mc at 7 weeks with my first pregnancy (October 07). I waited for one af before trying again. I fell preganant on that cycle and now have a lovely 18 month old daughter. We started trying again in Novemeber 09 and I fell preganant on the first cycle. Unfortunately I had a mc on the 23rd December 09. I waited again for one af and then we started trying again. I found out yesterday that I am pregnant again. I am trying to be positive and keep reminding my self that I had Lottie after suffering a MC on my first pregnancy, so it can happen. I am really nervous tho, as emotionally I dont think I could stand the pain of another MC. If it does happen I know I will need to wait a while before trying again.

I think it is important to listen to your body and your emotions. Only start when you feel 100% ready. Really hope everything goes well for you.:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Hey Dani - hope ur ok.

As u know i miscarried 2 days before u and PM'd u earlier...thx for ur message - so lovely of u.

Well my hubby had been away with work for the last week and while he was away I had another scane and was all clear so no D&C (or whatever it's called these days) was needed.

I've struggled with TTC decision but last night hubby and I BD - was something I was really worried about but felt right and so I guess we've started to TTC again but without making a big deal of it. Don't think I can face counting days and early testing etc this time around - just going to let nature do it's thing for a bit and if it happens it happens. Feels like the only way I can do it.

Good luck hon with whatever u decide and hopefully we'll both have bumps soon...

I don't think it means we're forgetting the ones we have lost - just that we are focusing on the future

Lots of love xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back